cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an IMAP mail account using Mac Mail

MMNZS
I've been here awhile

There are older posts about this topic but none of the solutions seem to work. I am simply trying to add an account to get email using Apple Mail. masOS Mojave 10.14.4 Mail Ver12.4

Simple you say..... but apparently not.

First I can login to mail.yahoo.com through a browser so the credentials are correct. I get the rogers/yahoo branded version.

I have followed the instructions from the Rogers support site multiple times. https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/email-setup

It does not seem to be able to authenticate the account.

If you select Yahoo you don't get past the 2nd screen. It asks for you Yahoo email (XX@rogers.com) then you get to a Rogers branded password entry page. Does not authenticate. "Sorry, we can't find the username or password in our record. Please try again."

If you select Other/Mail Account you get asked for Name, Email Address and Password. Same result. "Unable to verify account name or password"

Any suggestions would be wonderful thanks.

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Adding an IMAP mail account using Mac Mail

RogersMoin

Hello, @MMNZS.

Thank you for the detailed post. The difficulty you are experiencing to add your email account on Mac Mail indicates some communication issues between Mac Mail client and the server.

Do you have a security program running on your computer? Are you able to check if the firewall is blocking the Mac Mail application? 

Keep us posted. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

MMNZS
I've been here awhile

Just disabled Bitdefender then quit the program. Restarted.

Turned off Mac OS firewall.

Same outcome unfortunately

@RogersMoin wrote:

Hello, @MMNZS.

Thank you for the detailed post. The difficulty you are experiencing to add your email account on Mac Mail indicates some communication issues between Mac Mail client and the server.

Do you have a security program running on your computer? Are you able to check if the firewall is blocking the Mac Mail application? 

Keep us posted. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Hello, @MMNZS.

Thank you so much for trying to quit the security program and attempting to add your email account. We would like to further investigate the issue; please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can submit a ticket for you. Please check our blog if you require assistance with the private messaging.

Regards,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation