Adding Rogers mailboxes to Yahoo mail

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Adding Rogers mailboxes to Yahoo mail

When I try to add additional Rogers mailboxes to Yahoo mail, I get a "account connection cancelled" message. 

The passwords provided for the Rogers accounts are correct. 

Help...

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: Adding Rogers mailboxes to Yahoo mail

Hi @dms666cdn,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

Are you logged into your primary email account when trying to add the additional Rogers mailboxes to Yahoo mail? Are you trying to add / create an additional Rogers email address / account?  Please provide a little more information.

Thanks,
RogersArthur

I'm Here A Lot

Hi,

I'm logged into the primary Rogers account in Yahoo mail.

I'm attempting to add the secondary Rogers accounts to Yahoo mail using the "Add another mailbox" option under Gear icon -> Settings -> Accounts.  These seconday Rogers accounts already exist - I just want to access them via Yahoo mail.

One secondary Rogers mailbox and a Google account were added successfully prior to this problem occurring.

Thanks,

Darryl

Retired Moderator

Hi @dms666cdn,

I understand you're logged into your primary account which allows you to add up to eight secondary Rogers email accounts and so far you've successfully added two accounts. When you receive a message like "account connection cancelled" this means the time has expired (timed out). Besides the connection cancelled error message, have you received any other error message? To troubleshoot your issue I would suggest adding a test email account, something like 123testing@rogers.com then delete it afterwards if it works fine. Let us know what type of error message (if any) you receive.

Those of you who are reading this post and would like to see the steps @dms666cdn is using to Create a Secondary Rogers Yahoo! Email Address please click here. Or watch the video below:

Thanks,

RogersArthur

I'm Here A Lot

I have received no other error messages. Everything else is working perfectly.

I tried a different secondary Rogers account and it was added ok.

It's just two other secondary Rogers account that get this "account connection cancelled" message.

Retired Moderator

Hi @dms666cdn,

Thank you for your patience, the fact the test email works fine tells us there maybe an issue with authenticating the new accounts. I would suggest slightly changing the user name and password for one of them and test. Or try adding the two other secondary Rogers accounts from another computer (location). If you are still having issues we may need to look further into your issue, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps when you are online next by clicking here

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

Thanks, 

RogersArthur