cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate Ignite Internet but keep Cable TV?

Laurie8
I've been here awhile

Possibly stupid question - can I get ignite internet and stay on the cable for TV (yes I know it's more expensive) or is it required to do both together?

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Activate Ignite Internet but keep Cable TV?

RogersYasmine

Hello @Laurie8!

Thanks for joining us here in the community and great first post! 🙂

I'm afraid @-G- is correct. Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to activate an Ignite internet service alongside your legacy cable TV service. You would be required to migrate over to our Ignite TV platform and get a TV + internet bundle. 

I hope this helps! Have a nice day!

RogersYasmine

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Laurie8 wrote:

Possibly stupid question - can I get ignite internet and stay on the cable for TV (yes I know it's more expensive) or is it required to do both together?

That's actually a very good question.  I don't think so.  As far as I know, Rogers has not allowed customers to subscribe to legacy services and Ignite-branded services simultaneously.

Tagging the @CommunityHelps  team so that they can confirm or clarify this.

RogersYasmine

Hello @Laurie8!

Thanks for joining us here in the community and great first post! 🙂

I'm afraid @-G- is correct. Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to activate an Ignite internet service alongside your legacy cable TV service. You would be required to migrate over to our Ignite TV platform and get a TV + internet bundle. 

I hope this helps! Have a nice day!

RogersYasmine

User2453
I plan to stick around

You can keep the legacy Cable TV and go with a third party cable internet reseller for Internet, with my experience with Ignite TV compared to the traditional cable boxes it's a very different experience and the elderly especially may have issues with the new system, along with time shifting channels being gone and many other channels missing from the new line up. I'd recommend hanging onto the cable boxes as long as you can, I am regretting everyday upgrading to Rogers Ignite, I should have kept it all the same.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation