cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Wireless AX3000 Dual-Band Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router (RT-AX58U/CA)

kuruczpa
I've been around

Hey everyone,

I'm going to be getting 500 ignite internet (most likely, I think this is enough for working from home, gaming, streaming, etc) and wanted to know what everyone thinks about the SUS Wireless AX3000 Dual-Band Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router (RT-AX58U/CA). Our house is about 1700 sqft (not including unfinished basement) and wanted to know if this would help out the internet connection for all devices throughout the house. I'm new to this so anything technical, please explain. Thank you.

*** Edited Labels ***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: ASUS Wireless AX3000 Dual-Band Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router (RT-AX58U/CA)

Bplayer
I'm a trusted contributor

If good coverage in all areas of you home is the only concern then just start by placing the Ignite modem in a central area and test the coverage. If some areas have weak coverage that you would like improved then get the free mesh pods from Rogers. That should provide the additional coverage, but at a reduced download speed.

If you already have the ASUS then connect and compare the results

There is a lot of available information in the forum about how to setup your own router with the Ignite modem, but it can be fairly technical.

Re: ASUS Wireless AX3000 Dual-Band Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router (RT-AX58U/CA)

Moose6973
I've been here awhile

I bought an asus Rog 11000 wicked router. I am still only getting 300 down just like when I was using the ignite modem. I should be able to get 800-900 with the new modem. I have tried so many settings. Any info on setup would be very appreciated I would like to get 800 down like other have by bridging the ignite modem and using my new asus rog

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation