cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5th Light on Modem Always Flashing

21Rouge
I plan to stick around

Just verifying that all is as it should be with this bottom light for this older Rogers modem seemingly always in "flash mode":

modem flashing light resize.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Re: 5th Light on Modem Always Flashing

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From a CGN3 user manual:

The LAN LED that you're referring to shows:

Off:     No device is connected to one of the LAN ports.

Green, blinking:     A device is connected to one of the LAN ports via a Fast Ethernet (100Mbps) link, and is transmitting or receiving data.

Green, steady:     A device is connected to one of the LAN ports via a Fast Ethernet (100Mbps) link, but is not transmitting or receiving data.

Blue, blinking:     A device is connected to one of the LAN ports via a Gigabit Ethernet (1000Mbps) link, and is transmitting or receiving data.

Blue, steady:     A device is connected to one of the LAN ports via a Gigabit Ethernet (1000Mbps) link, but is not transmitting or receiving data.

Now, from what I remember, the Green and Blue data rate indications were reversed and I don't know if that was ever corrected.  I've highlighted the speeds in this case.  If you look at the back of the modem, specifically at the connected port LED, if its flashing amber, that indicates a 1 Gb/s connection rate.  Flashing green would indicate a 100 Mb/s connection rate.  Those are backwards from what appears to be the industry standard.  So, if you have a pc with a gigabit port on it, connected directly to the modem, the modem's connected port LED should be flashing amber.  The front LED should be flashing blue.  If its flashing green, then the LED colours are still backwards.  Lets see, 5 years, 7 years later, ???

Re: 5th Light on Modem Always Flashing

21Rouge
I plan to stick around

For me it is the same colour as the top power and just below @ ie amber.

(Thanks as always Datalink for taking the time to post 👍)

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 in conversation