5G Network not broadcasting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: 5G Network not broadcasting

Just wanted to post here that I think I got my issue fixed and it was the below. Interesting problem

http://jeff-with-a-g.blogspot.com/2012/04/5ghz-wifi-on-your-mac-got-you-down.html

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your advise. Powering dividend and up the modem always resolve the disappearing 5GHz network. Problem is that it happens every several days and it disrupts Internet access for 10 to 15 mins. Did anybody in Rogers support spent any time to figure out and resolve the problem?  

Hello, @Peca.

I appreciate posting the 5 GHz network disappearance in the Community. I can imagine the disruption it can cause. It would be helpful if you could provide more details. 

What's the model of the modem? Like CODA-4582 etc. 
Does the 5G network disappear from all the devices as if it's not broadcasted?
What's the status of the 5G WiFi light on the modem when the network disappears?
Do you have another router or extender etc. connected to the modem? 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @RogersMoin ,

Thanks for your prompt response. 

I have CODA-4582U modem with the most up to date firmware version 2.0.10.36T6. When 5GHz network disappears, all devices downgrade to 2.4 network. Also, Rogers Wifi app shows 0 devices connected. I don't have any other router or extender on the network. I haven't noticed if 5G router light is on or not. I'll pay attention next time this problem happens. 

Regards