500U Slow Speeds

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: 500U Slow Speeds

Hello, @RayB50

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

We know how important it is to ensure you are getting the right speeds on your devices. From what you've described thus far it sounds like we may need to escalate a ticket to investigate this further. 

We'll need to gather more information from you before we can determine what steps to take next. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I've now talked to a rep and videoed the speedtest. It clocked at 33mbps wired!
Had a tech come in today, ran tests and was unable to get over 80mbps on two different XB6 boxes. He couldn't figure out the issue as my neighbor has 700mbps on a 1Gb plan.
I believe there is an issue with the Ethernet ports on the XB6 as they appear to be refurbished.
I'll give it a few days and be moving on. Thanks.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's highly unlikely that it's an issue with Ethernet ports on so many boxes. Did the tech do a test on his laptop directly connected to the incoming coax?  He should have and should have told you what he got there.  If your neighbour has the same problem, then it may be a bandwidth issue in your neighbourhood.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi, the tech checked his computer with the Ethernet out of the XB6. He got under 100mbps. He didn't look at the coax.
The neighbors service is fine, it's not the neighborhood. The XB6 is a real black box. And I suspect that is the issue. Is there another modem option with ignite? Seems I am at the end of options? Thanks for your help.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RayB50 wrote:
Hi, the tech checked his computer with the Ethernet out of the XB6. He got under 100mbps. He didn't look at the coax.
The neighbors service is fine, it's not the neighborhood. 

I see you changed the number for your neighbour from 70 to 700.  Hence my previous post before you made that modification. The tech should have checked the speed (and signal) directly at the coax with his laptop...  Good Luck.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Yes I realized that I had typo'd from your reply, apologies.
Thanks for the tip on the tech checking the coax with his computer. I didn't know he could do that. Unhappy face.