$45 Extreme internet with 300gb cap

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: $45 Extreme internet with 300gb cap

I called retentions about this $3.00 increase and my bill is now lowered to $35 per month for the Extreme Internet.  Modem is still free. If it shows up on my bill I will call into have a modem rental credit applied.

Rogers should not be increasing bills without informing their customers.  I was not informed.

Rogers awarded by loyalty by dropping my Montly bill $10. 

I've Been Around

I don't recall getting anything in the mail regarding this, but I definitely noticed the extra $3 applied to my bill.  So much for 8-year price protection... it didn't even last one year! 

I know Netflix has been a giant kick for Rogers, from a cable revenue perspective, but that isn't an excuse to break agreements, and squeeze extra dollars from somewhere else.

It would be good to know if CSRs have been able to knock off the $3, after being reminded of the promised price protection.

I've Been Around

My 45 dollar plan got increased to 48. So I called Rogers and the man on the phone put me on hold several times and at the end of the call he said that he will credit my account the $3 and that my bill in the future will remain $45.

Then a few hours later I receive an email about Rogers Account Change Details. In that email it said this: Internet

Added:
120GB Extreme + 80GB $ 89.49
Removed:
300GB Hi-Speed Extreme $ -48.00
Installation Details
Your requested changes will be completed and activated on all the equipment in your home 
on Tuesday 30 Sep, 2014 

So I called Rogers again and said my bill went from 48 to 100 and they said no it didn't its just a system error, wait 48 hours. I'm not sure but this seems like a big scam by Rogers I was on the 45 dollar plan since it came out and now this is just plain lying. Hopefully the rep was honest and that I will remain at 45 and not jacked up to 100 without my authorization. Anyone else ever experience anything like this? What should I do?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@zobi123 wrote:

My 45 dollar plan got increased to 48. So I called Rogers and the man on the phone put me on hold several times and at the end of the call he said that he will credit my account the $3 and that my bill in the future will remain $45.

Then a few hours later I receive an email about Rogers Account Change Details. In that email it said this: Internet

Added:
120GB Extreme + 80GB $ 89.49
Removed:
300GB Hi-Speed Extreme $ -48.00
Installation Details
Your requested changes will be completed and activated on all the equipment in your home 
on Tuesday 30 Sep, 2014 

So I called Rogers again and said my bill went from 48 to 100 and they said no it didn't its just a system error, wait 48 hours. I'm not sure but this seems like a big scam by Rogers I was on the 45 dollar plan since it came out and now this is just plain lying. Hopefully the rep was honest and that I will remain at 45 and not jacked up to 100 without my authorization. Anyone else ever experience anything like this? What should I do?

I suspect the rep put the 120GB Extreme + 80GB plan on your account along with a 50% discount code. (These discount codes generally don't show up on those Rogers email change confirmations)

50% of 89.49 is $44.75. This is probably the closest thing the computer has to $45... though it seems you are losing 100GB.

I've Been Around

They did the same thing to me. Promised the price would stay static and without notice jumped the price by $3 (I have only been with this plan since Feb/14). They claimed that a letter was sent as they apparently have to inform all customers of the price increase 3 months in advance but couldn't pin down the date sent. My notice was plain and simple an increased bill and a bad taste in my mouth.

I spoke with a Rogers CSR and was informed that Rogers reviews all plans annually or bi-annually and if determined that the price is too low they have the right to jack the price to what ever they like. I received no discount or reimbursement and was told that if I wanted to cancel I needed to give them 30 days notice and return the modem to a Rogers store.

Shady Buisness practice imo and I'm definitly not impressed with Rogers atm.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The right for them to change the price, whenever they want... IS written in the Terms of Service document... this allows them to do so..

(pretty much ALL carriers have this in their terms of service that i have seen, so its FAR from only rogers)

BUT.. a contract set pricing.. SHOULD normally over-ride that...

Rogers Employee kevinf2010
Rogers Employee

I don't understand this. I convinced my grandmother to switch from Bell internet to Rogers internet because she received a flyer in the mail. The deal was $45 300GB with modem rental for free and it was secured, guaranteed pricing for 8 years.

We have had the internet for about 7 months now and the August bill says $48. I know you may say $3, it's a good price regardless, however I don't like what's happened because now I have to explain it to my grandmother and it makes me look like I didn't give her the right information.

I understand the terms & conditions and actually read some of the legalities - I know that if the prices increaase for cable products and if you are in a commitment, you are able to request to terminate your contract without an early cancellation fee. I know that the other plans (as I used to work for Rogers) were always subject to rate increases. However, this was the ONLY stand-alone plan that specifically had Rate Protection on it... and now, it all of a sudden doesn't apply???

Rogers customer service had no answer - they could only state that it applied to all customers, and because it wasn't on a term. But, I know that cable products, term or no term, were always subject to rate increases. When adding cable products, there's no differentiation when adding them in the system depending on the term - unless you are doing a bundled promotion.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

To put it simple there are two possible scenarios:

1. If you used a custom offer from the flier it is highly unlikely that it came with price protection and it should be captured in flier fine print. In this case you are stuck with the increases, but still it is very good deal.

2. If you got this offer from the agent over the phone and you have conversation ID this is completely different story. Rogers will honour this offer. Just call in, quote conversation ID and you will be given a monthly credit.
I've Been Around

Thanks for the info. Where can I find the conversation ID (If I haven't taken down anything during our conversation). I only received an email with a Confirmation ID (a little after the call ended). Do you think that could work? 

The confirmation.pdf (attached in the email) doesn't mention about the 8yr price protection Smiley Sad but I know the person on the phone mentioned the 8yr price protection. 

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Conversation ID is provided by the agent at the end of the conversation and should start from I (cause it is actually called Interaction ID). Confirmation number you got on that PDF in e-mail is the actual confirmation number of the action that was done on your request.

By calling in and providing this confirmation number the agent over the phone will pull the case from the system which will show him/her the subject of the call, requested actions, actions completed and notes from the previous agent. So, if the previous agent carefully wrote down the offer that was given to you, it will be honored no matter what. If there are no notes about price protection, Rogers is not obligated to offer it to you, but they will honour any ridiculous offer which was documented by the agent (I have several examples from my experience).