$45 Extreme internet with 300gb cap

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: $45 Extreme internet with 300gb cap

As i was saying.. depending on your other services, you can get the 200g+teckxpert for free.

You can also choose to BUY the rogers modem as well.. just like you have to buy with TSI.

You would be paying 69.99 LESS $12... so 57.99 / m+ tax... 65.50

Closest comparable TSI is.. the 45m package.  Is only one dollar less.

SO..
A) assuming you qualify for the extra 200g free

B) And you buy the modem outright.

You are pretty much paying the SAME amount give or take 1-2$... and getting a FASTER speed.

For for someone with internet only.. yeah there are sometimes some better options.  But IF you have other rogers services.. they are very comparable now.

I'm Here A Lot

Sounds like I would need to have bundled Three services. Bummer only have two.

Internet and Cell Phone. No reason to add on another service. /sigh

Man I wish Canada would bring in Functional Separation.

https://openmedia.ca/plan/international-comparisons/united-kingdom

I've Been Around

I just switched from bell, they completely scammed me. I was paying $100 a month for $75 Internet from bell. Was getting 15/10 and 300 gigs. I hardly ever went over and they still overcharged me every month. I told that to the rogers rep, and he gave me hybrid fibre 60/10 320 gigs for $75. The advanced modem is light years ahead of what bell has. For some reason on the 5 ghz band I get up to 95 mb/s constant download. On the 2.4 ghz I get a constant 60 mb/s. Even on my galaxy s5 I get 95 mbs on 5 ghz, and 60 on the 2.4 ghz. I had to manually turn on the 5 ghz from the router page.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I've subscribed for this deal. Just now i come to know that Rogers is charging 12$ extra as modem rental.

What to do? I've tossed that offer letter

Is there any way to get that offer letter from any of the community member??

MP

I'm a Senior Advisor

@mpirani wrote:

Hi,

I've subscribed for this deal. Just now i come to know that Rogers is charging 12$ extra as modem rental.

MP

$12 above the quoted deal price?  All Rogers proces on their website include the modem rental price, but it may just be broken out as a separate line item on the bill....

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lurker wrote:

@mpirani wrote:

Hi,

MP

$12 above the quoted deal price?  All Rogers proces on their website include the modem rental price, but it may just be broken out as a separate line item on the bill....

But the $45/300GB plan is a separate thing that also predates the advertised-price-includes-modem Hybrid Fibre plans.

I don't remember if the 300GB plan includes modem rental, but even if it does, it's MOST definitely not a CGN3. Maybe a DPC3825/CGN2...

I've Been Here Awhile

hi,

Received my first invoice and that confirmed my doubts. $12 modem rental is above $45/300GB

I am pretty sure modem rental is included in $45 as per promo letter (which I dont have now). What option do i have?

Awaiting replies from community members.

MP

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mpirani wrote:

hi,

Received my first invoice and that confirmed my doubts. $12 modem rental is above $45/300GB

I am pretty sure modem rental is included in $45 as per promo letter (which I dont have now). What option do i have?

Awaiting replies from community members.

MP

We're not the best source of information about this, I'm afraid.

As I said in my previous reply, I suspect you have the wrong modem. The $45/300GB plan may be set up in the system to give you a free modem rental for the CGN3825/CGN2 'category' of modems, but the $12 modem is the CGN3, which is a different category...

I would suggest you call up Rogers and have a friendly chat with customer relations, they should be able to look up the plan you have in the system and clarify the situations. Unfortunately, we community members don't really get briefed on the intricacies of this stuff, so what we do know is only what we've figured out from experience and each other...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would agree too, with that level of plan, likely would have been for the cgn2 or the Cisco.

They may be limited on what they can do with this plan now as well, with the new tiers out.

I've Been Around

I'm having this package with Rogers now.

Yesterday I received a paper mail from rogers, it states the internet package rate will increase $3/month starting from August, 2014.

Then today I called Rogers, asked what the 8-years price protection means and if I will get payment increasement as well.

After CSR confirmed with her manager, she said first I'll get the invoice with $3 increased monthly payment, and second price protection cannot do anything regarding this. So I asked how I should understand this price protection, was that AD a false statement? CSR was kindof agreed, but she cannot do anything either.

Anybody has any idea regarding this situation?