$45 Extreme internet with 300gb cap

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: $45 Extreme internet with 300gb cap

Ya I had to ask and now it's active good thing too because I was over my bandwidth limit.  Funny thing is he had to ask me if I wanted it changed now, I'm like of course yes.      Smiley Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, in your case, with being near the limit.. yes most definately Smiley Happy

For some though.. if not.. for the sake of billing, etc.. its much cleaner to do it on your billing cycle.

For the bill in the cycle, you will see a full charge for the OLD plan, then a subtraction for the time from today till the end of the billing cycle.
For the new plan, you'll see a partial pro-rated price for only a partial month.

Just looks kinda messy and can be confusing for some.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey

I'm back on Rogers and using their internet service and it's been decent experience.

looks like this deal existed from like 2013.

I guess these kind of deals aren't that special now days with all those new competitors.

in my opinion Rogers' normal usage limit was and is too limiting and expensive.

I cancelled Rogers service few years ago because my family kept using more than the usage limit (60GB)

even with normal use and was charged additional cost like half of internet service ($2/GB. what's more funny is Start, Teksavvy charge $0.5/GB for additional GB used and they are literally reselling Rogers' stuff with little profit on top of it).

to be honest I think average household with 4 family memeber need 120GB bandwidth per month minimum if they use every day and not feel overly restricted by usage limit even with normal use. 200 - 120GB if they want little bit of download or watch stream movies etc. I mean things now day size big as 10GB-30GB for each.

Anyway it's good to be back with Rogers with decent plan. Although my experience with non-Rogers service provider has been reliable as rock it's always good to stick with big guys for reliable services if they aren't too expensive . (actually what's funny is they run literally SAME Rogers' service and Rogers Technician comes over to your house when you have any problem... it's always been a wonder how they are offering cheaper price&higher usage when they resell things from Rogers with little bit of profit on top of it)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have to correct my previous reply. $154.32 is for the '1 month and half sevice' + installation charge, one time activation fee, and tax,etc. $45 per month for 35Mb*, 300GB,Modem.

oh and by the way it said $35Mb on the advertisement mail but it says 30Mbps instead of 35Mbps
 under your online account

*Your Plan includes: - Up to 30Mbps download speed - Up to 3Mbps upload speed - Monthly modem rental

now, I'm pretty sure it said 35Mbps on the advertisement mail.

hmm maybe I've read wrong or something?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Lar123 wow the first thing you should have done was quit using an internet providers email service. What happens if you switch providers? You'd have to change your address, there is no such thing as email address porting like you can do with telephone numbers.

I think the safest bet is to go with a third party email provider, do the research and pick one you trust and trust to be around for the long haul.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I only maybe once a year, get one single password rejection notice on my iphone (the only place that seems to get it), a retry and it works.

Perhaps your having too many clients all try and connect at once to collect the email?

In the long run, i do agree with Chris though.. using a 3rd party one overall is BEST practice, that you can switch carriers with no worries, having to notify, etc.

I have two primary addresses.  A gmail, and a Rogers one.  Only reason i use the rogers one, is that its almost 20 years old Smiley Tongue (was originally a rogerswave email)

I'm a Senior Advisor

Smiley Sad My @home email got lost when I moved out and took my modem, Rogers killed the original internet account and made 2 new ones.. In the process the account was shutdown never to be retrieved..
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Aww that sucks Smiley Sad

I have played EMAIL JOCKEYING a few times, to keep it.
You can migrate an email, from one rogers account, to another.

Mine originally was on my parrents.   Moved it to mine when i got a place.  Moving to a new place, was in an apt for 2 months so had to cancel... moved it to the inlaws.  Then at the new house.. moved it back.

I'm Here A Lot

If Rogers is beginning to compete with Independent providers than I'd like to say good job. Its a start and don't stop now.

Take that "we only compete with Bell, Telus" policy out back and put it down like it should be. 

Anyone know if this Promotion is still available? Very appealing to me. It would save me the trouble of switching to a competitor. I've been debating switching to Tech Savvy for sometime now. Why? I have Rogers Express and pay an additional $5 for 20GB. Not worth it. Not when your a PC gamer. Not enough GB and expensive. Speed isnt an issue to me.

Tech Savvy on the other hand offers Up to 35 Mbps Down / 3 Mbps Up 300GB for $51.99. Sure I need my own modem but I'd earn that back in what I'd save from the service in a few months. So faster, more GB and cheaper.

Honestly though an alternative solution would be for Rogers to introduce Unlimited Off-Peak bandwidth. Tech Savvy does it from 2am to 8am I believe. If Rogers did this I could start a download for a new game, or a game update and go to bed. Have it ready when I get up and not gone over my monthly cap.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@darkbladex9

Personally.. i HIGHLY doubt that this plan is available anymore.

WHY?  Rogers just changed all their packages around (take a look at the internet plan pages)... so the old express of any form only exists grandfathered now.

In some ways.. DEPENDING.. the new stuff is competitive as well.

IF you have home phone and cable as well with rogers.. you can get 200g extra for free.

Depending on the SPEED of the plan you chose.. that brings you close, or over, the 300g.

Rogers 60m plan now.. is $69, w/ 120+200 for example from above.  That INCLUDES your modem rental cost.  Still about $10 more than TSI... but your also getting another 15m of speed.

As you get up into the higher higher teirs.. rogers is blowing some of the competitors away.

Rogers 150m package, has more usage to start, for the same price, INCLUDING the modem rental.

Adding unlimited for $25 more, they are almost 2/3 cheaper than TSI's unlimited at that speed.

So really in the end.. comes down to what speed you are looking at.. then compare price/usage, etc.

I'm Here A Lot

I just checked there new plans. They look better but not for dollar value per gigabyte.

If you include taxes into the monthly plan with Tech Savvy its $58.74.

The Rogers Hybrid Fibre 60 with 120GB is $79.09. Thats $20 more for 180GB less that what tech savvy offers, althouth TS is 35mbps down.

Then there is the Rogers Hybrid Fibre 60 with 320GB + Rogers Techxpert that is $96.03 with tax included.

I could honestly careless about Techxpert. Thats a cost I wouldn't be interested in if I was only after the cap increase.

Sure the Tech Savvy plan won't be as fast but it will give me what I want. Better GB cap for dollar value.