$45 Extreme internet with 300gb cap

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: $45 Extreme internet with 300gb cap

Im sick of my Rogers plan with only 120gb and $2.00 when I go over that, when I see Teksavvy offers 300gb for less than what I'm paying now is ridiculous and I've been with Rogers for along time I'm going to try to get this plan try everything to get it even though they might not be offering it anymore.   Any suggestions should I just threaten to leave and tell them I'm going to teksavvy and if the person on the phone can't do it tell them I want to speak to someone in charge could that possibly work     Smiley Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Talk to a regular rep and see if they can put you on the plan.

Alternatively, try giving them a shout on twitter @RogersHelps or on Facebook.com/rogers, they are usually pretty good at finding stuff out and getting stuff done.

See what they can do first.. then weight your options at that point.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I guess that I'm not as persuasive as others here. I called and asked for this special. I've been with Rogers for over 30 years and said that the upload speeds of my express package have gotten so bad that I can't live with them.

The reply that I got was essentially not to let the door hit me on the way out. They thanked me for my loyalty, confirmed that I have to give them 30 days notice, or at least pay for 30 more days, and said "sorry to see you go".

Such is life. Teksavvy, using the Rogers network is offerning 25/2 with a 300Gb cap for $12 a month less than I am paying for 8/256k with a 60gb cap.

I Plan to Stick Around

First, an apology to the group. I apologize. Since I was not referring to the beast of burden otherwise referred to as a donkey, my choice of words was inappropriate in my last post.

Second, I did finally reach someone in "Relations". He told me that the W45 promo was no longer available. He did offer me a no-contract $47.99/month, including the modem package that meets my needs. Since my rates go down by $7 a month and my speeds and cap go up, it's acceptable for now.

Tks to all here who offered their advice. I do appreciate it.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Glad the door did not hit your donkey on the way out. Sad to hear W45 is no more.
I Plan to Stick Around

speaking of TechSavvy… as far as I understand, those guys utilize the same networks and most of the time their subscribers are put in much worse situations when it comes to stability of service (quite friendly customer care though), so the only real benefit is the cost
I'm a Regular

Well I spoke to them and at first the rep told me that deal was only for people who worked at Rogers so I asked to speak to someone in charge who can help me, she transfered me and now I got the deal because I've been a customer since 1984 they said.

I'm a Regular

Just wanted to say for once I'm very happy with Rogers.   Smiley LOL

I'm a Regular

I actually forgot to ask when it would take effect because I haven't seen it changed online yet.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You might have to call back and ask.

There are two ways that it can be done.. instant.. or to change on your next billing cycle.. i am GUESSING they change it for the next billing cycle then?

May be best to just call back in and ask to see what it was set for...they should see the pending change listed.