$45 Extreme internet with 300gb cap

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: $45 Extreme internet with 300gb cap

Hello gwilki

When you sign up with Rogers & you get a deal with them, sometimes they have you sign a contract as this way they keep you locked into it as you get a deal. Sometimes tho they do not have contracts depending on the deal.

Yes you have no contract as long as you never signed up. If you bought the modem outright then you have nothing to worry about.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Correct.

Like meowmix said... I got at deal for a 60% off some services.. BUT to get that pricing, i had to sign a 2 year contract.

I Plan to Stick Around

Tks, gentlemen. I've signed nothing, so I can check out when I like, I guess. After about 30 years with Rogers, it may well be time for a change.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello gwilki

You are welcome!. Always do your research on the providers you go to. Compare prices, reviews and everything to see if they offer anything better and such. This way you are safe from any huge issues.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Going with one of the big guys doesn't always get you the price, etc. but you know they own everything, from the service to the lines, etc.

The other guys have great price but sometimes the service can run into problems, as they don't own the lines and have to pass everything through who they rent the lines from.

As meowmix says, do your research.

I Plan to Stick Around

Tks again, guys. I've been reading much today and looking at this forum and DSL Reports to learn more. We've stayed with Rogers through thick and thin for something over 30 years. However, it does get tiring seeing my bill go up and my service level do down month to month. I will keep your advice in mind though.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello gwilki

i agree with you but now & days it seems to be the issue with every single provider you are with. Prices go up but the service level goes down. It all depends on the provider tho. Some have major issues & some have small issues. If i was with a company for so long & i was not happy, i would be looking for another provider as well.
I've Been Here Awhile

I got it. Had to push for it, it's an old promo.  Hate my modem, even bridged. Download speeds of 2.8mb/sec. awful

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, I was going to leave. But nothing has changed, except more data. The service is worse.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Something definitely going on in your area or at your house then.
(That there are others on the plan and getting the speeds proves it works in general)

You have had a tech out to check things at your house ?