$45 Extreme internet with 300gb cap

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: $45 Extreme internet with 300gb cap

I just got a letter that offered me this deal

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If i was offered it..  i would be sorely tempted.

I am on express.. the extra speed would be nice.. but not necessary.

I am paying $65 for express+unlimited..

So its the less money.. but then technically less uage.. but slightly faster.

I've Been Here Awhile

i just got this deal.  45$ includes wifi modem rental etc.  45$ plus tax.  but they charge you their one time installation fee and activation fee (49$ something, and 14$ for activation).

regarding speed, i've been having issues.  regular use like browsing, email etc is ok, but when you download big files then the connection drops.

issue is reproduceable.  specially when using speedtest.net or rogers/speedcheck page.  both wireless and wired connection displays the issue.

speed test:

1) ping test - normal

2) download test - spikes up to super speed then gradually slows down and continues to decrease until connection drops.  network becomes unidentified network and no connection to internet is being reported.

3) upload test - normal

the only constant is that upload speed shows the advertised speed (up to 3mbps).

pricewise it's a good deal i suppose, but utilising the advertised speed is a different story.  this is own experience though.  others may not have a problem.

testing with only 1 laptop.  vista. cgn2 router.

but yes, the deal exists and it still does today!

I'm Here A Lot

O i got this deal 2 days ago and i love rogers service in my area. I actully think rogers made some sort of mistake because i am getting 37 to 40 mbs using wireless internet.i also have the same modem as you

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

37 to 40 on a speed test?

That is pretty normal.. when you do the speed test, you see the SPEED BOOST part kick in.. for that initial bit of a download, you'll get the slightly higher than regular speed.

I've Been Here Awhile

yes. it is still available.

I've registered my internet service to Rogers today with this deal.

It was 35Mb + 300GB usage + 8 year price guarantee + $50 per month (including tax and modem) + no contract if I remember correctly.

$150 for the first month because of installation charge, one time activation fee, and tax,etc.

My family received mail regarding this deal because we were previous Rogers customer.

In the mail it says "Limited time within Rogers service area in SELECT REGION in Ontario" availble to NEW or EXISTING ROGERS CABLE customer (excluding those already on contract) adding one or more new Rogers Cable Sevice.

It says price is subject to change without notice but employee on the phone told me 8 year no price change guaranteed. I'm very certain I've heard correctly because employee have told me several times (3-4) through the phone but don't quote me on this.

Although there are many non-Rogers 35-45Mb/300GB deal around $50 - 60 + modem.

(Start, Teksavvy, etc to name a few)

I think this deal is unbeatable right now because price even includes modem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm. Select areas, so might not be all of Ontario, etc.
i also am on a contract for tv, but may not be able to have that one an the net one as I haven't seen a mailing.

But my contract is up in 1-2 months... So may aim for this one if available where I am.

I'm Here A Lot

Just call and find out if it is availible. Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

want to wait till the contract is up.
I dont NEED the extra speed.. the slight cost decrease would be the main reason.. but i dont want anything to cancel my CURRENT contract and then get nailed with fees Smiley Tongue

At that point, see if i can re-negotiate everything at once.. that internet+ hopefully something else on TV even just free box rentals, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

Gd and others: When you talk about "contract", do you mean a rental contract for some Rogers hardware? I bought my Rogers modem years ago, so from my perspective, I have no "contract". Correct?