100% Rogers throttle speeds

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

100% Rogers throttle speeds

I live in Keswick and did a survey of 921 homes and nobody gets speeds above
600mb

Hi technician come to my house and check out the lines and my modem and check the node at the boulevard.the technician said everything is 100% good.

I’ve talk to in Everybody in my neighbourhood and in the surrounding Keswick area where nobody has ever achieved a one gigabit speed that Rogers Claims

**Labels Added**

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: 100% Rogers throttle speeds

Well i was wrong (ROGERS DOES NOT THROTTLE INTERNET SPEED )  Had a real rogers service technician 

come to our  neighborhood now speed is 600mb to 850mb. check with all neighbours everything perfect

thank you moderators  for help 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Hello, @warhawkice 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how important it is to get fast speeds on your devices especially when you are paying for Gigabit speeds.

The speeds are based on aggregate to the entire home and not to one specific device. In order to determine if you are getting true gigabit speeds to your home, you must simultaneously perform two wired speed tests and add up the total speed of both tests which should be over 1 GB. If you do not have two wired devices you can use one wired device and one device connected via 5G Wi-Fi within 3 meters of the modem.

Please ensure you are using a CAT5e or above ethernet cable. CAT6 is referred for Gigabit plans.

Let us know the results you are getting from the two devices' simultaneous speed test.

RogersTony

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I live up in keswick as well.. wasnt aware gigabit was available up there now (supposedly?)
Max prior was 500mbps.

With speed boost, I have pulled just over 600 before on my test at home.  but I only have the 500 package.

Where exactly are you doing the speed test? (what site, with what endpoints, etc)
And with what hardware, over wired/wireless as Tony asked?
(it can make a difference)

Its possible, even if they are 'selling' the 1gb service.. that the infrastructure up there can not handle it and wont reach 1gbps.. (and is not necessarily throttling)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

yes I just try what you suggested on pc and lab top together several times and still only get the max  527mb down 

but alway get 35mb up  load.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

doing test at speed test .net

your lucky i pay for gigabit speeds . i guess my neighborhood  to many people on line 

I even had rogers tech hook up his lab  top to boulevard box and he got what i got 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well i was wrong (ROGERS DOES NOT THROTTLE INTERNET SPEED )  Had a real rogers service technician 

come to our  neighborhood now speed is 600mb to 850mb. check with all neighbours everything perfect

thank you moderators  for help 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, sometimes a tweek of a signal, etc.. is all it needs to get stuff up and going proper.

850 is pretty good, even in a best case scenario, unless you were running a 10gbps card and router, you might be hard pressed to get that across a single line (on a regular 1gbps card, etc).

Speedtest can have some varying results too, all based on WHAT endpoint you choose too.

I wonder if you would get any other results on the rogers speed test?
https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/internet-speedtest
As it should be straight to rogers and not really going outside the network at all.
Yes, its not a 'real world' scenario as you will often be accessing outside of rogers network... but rogers can really on guarantee the speeds between you and them.. anything outside will start slowing down some.