cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.5Gbps service. Unable to change channel bandwidth on XB7. Was there a firmware update?

Windwalker
I plan to stick around

XB7

Model: TG4482A
Vendor: ARRIS Group, Inc.
Hardware Revision: 10

Prior to today I was able to choose 20/40/80/160 for the 160Mhz channel.  I accessed the settings thru the web portal as they are not visible on the app.

This allowed me to get the speeds promised for the 1.5Gbps package over WiFi.  Tested on a Pixel 7 which is a WiFi6 phone. With the current setting I can only get 800Mbps.

The channel selection button was active yesterday (Jan. 18, 2023)

I also can't make changes to the 2.4Ghz page.

What changed?  Why are the settings defaulting to a lower quality of service?

Channel Selection: Automatic _______ Manual _______

Channel:
Channel Bandwidth: 20 20/40______ 20/40/80 ______ 20/40/80/160

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 1.5Gbps service. Unable to change channel bandwidth on XB7. Was there a firmware update?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Windwalker  I know that this must be very frustrating.  FYI, there has been a more lengthy discussion recently in the following thread: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/How-to-disable-Rogers-Ignite-Wifi-Hub-remote-manageme...

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to regain manual control over the Ignite gateway's Wi-Fi settings.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Re: 1.5Gbps service. Unable to change channel bandwidth on XB7. Was there a firmware update?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No, that is to be expected.  Rogers now provisions the gateways so that all Wi-Fi settings are managed automatically.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Windwalker  I know that this must be very frustrating.  FYI, there has been a more lengthy discussion recently in the following thread: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/How-to-disable-Rogers-Ignite-Wifi-Hub-remote-manageme...

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to regain manual control over the Ignite gateway's Wi-Fi settings.

Windwalker
I plan to stick around

@-G-  Indeed, it is very frustrating.  Rogers needs to address this since they sold us on the 1.5Gbps service.

Thanks for the link.  Very informative.

We will have to keep after them on this.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation