Got your hands on a new modem? Looking to set up your own wireless network or modify your existing one? Well you are in luck.
Check out this helpful How To video to learn how.
1. Start by connecting an Ethernet cable from your computer to your modem.
2. Now, open your favourite web browser and type “192.168.0.1” into the address bar.
3. Login with the username “cusadmin” and the password “password”.
4. From there, select Wireless from the top menu.
5. Okay now, under Basic Settings check that Wireless Mode is set to 802.11 g/n mixed and the Wireless Channel is set to Auto.
6. On that same page under Multiple SSID Settings, change your Network Name also known as (SSID) to whatever you want your wireless network to be called, then click Save Changes.
7. Now you’ll want to repeat those same steps under the 5G tab.
8. Make sure to check under Basic Settings that Wireless Mode is set to 802.11 a/n mixed and the Wireless Channel is set to Auto.
9. Don’t forget, under Multiple SSID Settings, change your Network Name (SSID) to whatever you want your wireless network to be called, then click Save Changes.
10. Next, click the WPS & Security tab and under Security Settings check that Security Mode is set to WPA/WPA2 and that Encrypt Mode is set to AES.
11. Create your password using at least 8 characters, and click Save Changes when you’re done.
Remember, if there are multiple SSIDs ..click the name of the network and check the settings.
12. Next, unplug the Ethernet cable and connect to your wireless network using the password you just created.
13. Once your device is connected to the wireless network, test a couple web pages to confirm the connection and you’re done