cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Alone: Frozen" episode not posted properly

h_scottsmith
I've been here awhile

I've been watching the History channel's "Alone: Frozen" using my Ignite TV, watching them after they air. However, what is supposed to be episode 5 ("Outfoxed") is actually episode 4 through Ignite. I've opened a ticket, had it closed, re-opened it and still the problem is not fixed.

Is there some other way to watch the episode. I've tried going to the History channel's website directly, but it doesn't seem to be streaming shows there.

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: "Alone: Frozen" episode not posted properly

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
The duplicate was caused by a history channel broadcast error or scheduling change, and according to a Reddit thread, at least as of last week, Canada has yet to fix the duplicate episode error, even on Stacktv which allows episode streams.
I have digital legacy, but episode 5 on VOD channel 100 is also a duplicate of episode 4 there too, just like you discovered using Ignite.
One way to see the real episode 5 is to simply use a Vpn or chrome extension or app to stream the unlocked episode 5 from the American History channel website (which I just checked and it's correct). Just remember to turn on the Vpn (United States) before you search for history dot com website, or else you'll end up on the useless Canadian History channel website without any streams.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor
I also watch it and I have found it no problem. Voice search alone frozen. It should show up coming s1e6, select episodes and I see all episodes free from history, on demand.

h_scottsmith
I've been here awhile

It's not that I can't find it, it's that Episode 5 is actually just Episode 4 again. Did you run them both and they appear as different?

thanks

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
The duplicate was caused by a history channel broadcast error or scheduling change, and according to a Reddit thread, at least as of last week, Canada has yet to fix the duplicate episode error, even on Stacktv which allows episode streams.
I have digital legacy, but episode 5 on VOD channel 100 is also a duplicate of episode 4 there too, just like you discovered using Ignite.
One way to see the real episode 5 is to simply use a Vpn or chrome extension or app to stream the unlocked episode 5 from the American History channel website (which I just checked and it's correct). Just remember to turn on the Vpn (United States) before you search for history dot com website, or else you'll end up on the useless Canadian History channel website without any streams.

h_scottsmith
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the information. I'll try your suggestion with the VPN.

I just got a text message from Roger's support saying that they couldn't "pinpoint the issue" so it "may be resolved." Hopefully they see your answer, too.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation