i am 2 daysinto my new ignite tv and seems to be some kind of power surge that keeps shutting down my tv. I have to then unplug my tv for up to 5 minutes or more for tv to be able to be turned on agasin. Have not been able to watch 1 show complete without it doing this.Its not my tvc as i unplugged box from tv and watched a dvd no problem. I changed hdmi cord and still the same
@driverdean : That is very strange. I don't believe I've ever heard of this happening before. Here are my comments/questions;
1. Does the TV say anything when this happens (like no signal or anything)?
2. Have you tried a different input on the TV?
3. What is the make/model of the TV?
4. What output format are you sending to the TV? (4K, 1080i, Auto, etc) This is probably found somewhere under "Settings" Try 1080i as a test.
5. Do you have another Ignite box at your home. Can you swap that one to this problem TV? Do the other boxes/TVs work OK?
6. Are you sure the TV isn't simply switching inputs and you can switch back to the IgniteTV Input. Sometimes TVs may use HDMI-CEC to sense another signal from another device? Unplug all other devices from the back of the TV temporarily to test.
7. Did you play the DVD long enough to ensure that the TV wasn't simply shutting down by itself for some reason? You should be able to test this by playing a long DVD while you're not wanting to watch something else.
8. Plug the TV temporarily into an extension cord on another circuit in the home. Perhaps you have some sort of ground loop causing some sort of "power leak"
9. Check to ensure the power cord at the back of the TV is making good contact at both ends if it's the kind that plugs into the outlet and the TV.
10. It's possible there is something wrong with the box and it may require replacing, but do all the above troubleshooting first.
thanks for getting back to me. First there is no warning it shuts off and there is a orange light that is on when tv not on and it goes out. I have to unplug to reset.It is an older tv a Visio dtv not sure the model,I have changed inputs to no avail.Will try other options.It is the only box and tv in home.I will play with input and see what happens
i have tried everything mentioned that i could.It never had an issue before this new box was introduced to my tv.I tried different circuits set resolution to 1080,restarted box and still shutting off.Sometimes 10 minutes sometimes longer.When i unplugged the box and plugged my dvd player in i watched a 2 hour without it shutting off so i dont believe its the tv. The only setting i couldnt find was the one mentioned about the HDMI settings.I could not find it in tv or ignite box settings.I will have to call tech support next but i do appreciate the help.Thanks
Here's an FAQ on HDMI. See item 4: The TV probably has this HDMI-CEC setting somewhere, however, I don't believe the Rogers Ignite box has that setting, so you don't need to look there.
Based on your feedback, that doesn't sound like the problem though. Good Luck.
thanks for the info,was a good read.I didnt realize there were that many issues with HDMI and could be my older tv just not on same page.Although the old cable box had none of these issues.I again could not find anything in my tv settings for HDMI.I have a senior tech coming out thursday to help.Thanks to all who offered help.