cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ignitetv.rogers.com no longer requires Adobe Flash!

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't know if Rogers was planning to announce this in a Blog post but the subject line here says it all.

Just click on https://ignitetv.rogers.com and sign in.  You can now watch Ignite TV on your computer and Adobe Flash Player is no longer required.

17 REPLIES 17

Re: ignitetv.rogers.com no longer requires Adobe Flash!

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Looks like the new Ignite TV web player will work on any device that has compatible DRM support.  I could even play recordings in Firefox on my iPhone, if I request the Desktop site... but could not play recorded content on my Fire HD tablet.

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

tried it with Chrome on Windows 10 just now, comes up asking for the sign in, and when I submit the credentials it says "site not working" (9:00 am 12-22)

@ColdGranite wrote:

tried it with Chrome on Windows 10 just now, comes up asking for the sign in, and when I submit the credentials it says "site not working" (9:00 am 12-22)

The new Ignite TV web player still works fine for me with Vivaldi, Firefox and Edge on Win10.  (I don't use Chrome.)

Could a content blocker be breaking the site for you, or do you perhaps need to set permissions up to accept 3rd-party cookies?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If it works on one browser or computer, here's a list of items that can contribute to it not working in some particular cases:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/46...

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@-G- wrote:

@ColdGranite wrote:

The new Ignite TV web player still works fine for me with Vivaldi, Firefox and Edge on Win10.  (I don't use Chrome.)

Could a content blocker be breaking the site for you, or do you perhaps need to set permissions up to accept 3rd-party cookies?

Made no changes to anything, but at 10:30am, its all working good.

Linuxguru
I plan to stick around

I have tried in Windows 10 with three browsers and on ignitetv.rogers.com the browsers keep spinning around

Babylegs1
I plan to stick around
Everything works great! You don’t need Adobe

Linuxguru
I plan to stick around

Fixed my weird flashing browser when testing ignitetv.rogers.com

Updated edge browser to latest and now the online tv works.

Linuxguru
I plan to stick around

That was short lived. An up to date version of Firefox and Edge are both failing when trying to go to ignitetv.rogers.com.  The url keeps flashing and I cannot connect.

Philster
I plan to stick around

I just built a new PC and cannot get Ignite to run. It worked fine on my old PC. Now it just keeps flashing. I have tried it in 3 browsers that are all up to date. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Philster wrote:

I just built a new PC and cannot get Ignite to run. It worked fine on my old PC. Now it just keeps flashing. I have tried it in 3 browsers that are all up to date. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

I don't know what the problem could be.  https://ignitetv.rogers.com/ is working fine for me with Edge, Firefox and Vivaldi.  Somebody else also reported success watching Ignite TV using a web browser on an old iPad.

Philster
I plan to stick around

Does Flash have to be installed I wonder ?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Philster wrote:

Does Flash have to be installed I wonder ?

NO!  Flash is dead.  In fact, up-to-date browsers will not even run the Flash Player plugin anymore.

Philster
I plan to stick around

Hi, when you say flashing browser can you explain it in detail what you mean so I can determine if this is what mine is currently doing. I have tried to run ignite on Firefox, Edge and Chrome all up to date. Thanks.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Philster  What operating system are you running?  I assumed Windows 10, but all of those browsers can be installed on Windows, macOS and Linux.

Here is a link to the Ignite TV App system/browser requirements:  https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/ignite-tv-compatibility-requirements

https://ignitetv.rogers.com/ may or may not work on Linux or with a Hackintosh.

Are you able to play video on other streaming services such as Netflix or Amazon Prime Video?

Are you also able to run the Protected MPEG-DASH test on https://demo.castlabs.com ?

Browser extensions and security software may also prevent the Ignite TV browser app from working.

Philster
I plan to stick around

Hello, I am running Windows 10. Netflix and Prime run perfectly fine. The MPEG-DASH tests all run fine. Running the same security software as I had on my old PC. This new system has a Gigabyte Z490 Pro AX motherboard with a Intel I9-10900K, 32 GB of DDR4-3200 MHz memory and a M2 SSD drive. 

*Note* Just tested Ignite and it now works without doing anything to my system. Go figure. Thank you all for your suggestions. 

senordd
I plan to stick around

Has the web address changed or is the service down at the moment?  The website currently isn't working for me.

Edit: Never mind, it's now working again.

Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 7 in conversation