ignitetv.rogers.com no longer requires Adobe Flash!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ignitetv.rogers.com no longer requires Adobe Flash!

I don't know if Rogers was planning to announce this in a Blog post but the subject line here says it all.

Just click on https://ignitetv.rogers.com and sign in.  You can now watch Ignite TV on your computer and Adobe Flash Player is no longer required.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: ignitetv.rogers.com no longer requires Adobe Flash!

Looks like the new Ignite TV web player will work on any device that has compatible DRM support.  I could even play recordings in Firefox on my iPhone, if I request the Desktop site... but could not play recorded content on my Fire HD tablet.

ColdGranite
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

tried it with Chrome on Windows 10 just now, comes up asking for the sign in, and when I submit the credentials it says "site not working" (9:00 am 12-22)

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ColdGranite wrote:

tried it with Chrome on Windows 10 just now, comes up asking for the sign in, and when I submit the credentials it says "site not working" (9:00 am 12-22)

The new Ignite TV web player still works fine for me with Vivaldi, Firefox and Edge on Win10.  (I don't use Chrome.)

Could a content blocker be breaking the site for you, or do you perhaps need to set permissions up to accept 3rd-party cookies?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If it works on one browser or computer, here's a list of items that can contribute to it not working in some particular cases:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/46...

ColdGranite
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-G- wrote:

@ColdGranite wrote:

The new Ignite TV web player still works fine for me with Vivaldi, Firefox and Edge on Win10.  (I don't use Chrome.)

Could a content blocker be breaking the site for you, or do you perhaps need to set permissions up to accept 3rd-party cookies?

Made no changes to anything, but at 10:30am, its all working good.

Linuxguru
I Plan to Stick Around

I have tried in Windows 10 with three browsers and on ignitetv.rogers.com the browsers keep spinning around

Babylegs1
I Plan to Stick Around

Everything works great! You don’t need Adobe
Linuxguru
I Plan to Stick Around

Fixed my weird flashing browser when testing ignitetv.rogers.com

Updated edge browser to latest and now the online tv works.

Linuxguru
I Plan to Stick Around

That was short lived. An up to date version of Firefox and Edge are both failing when trying to go to ignitetv.rogers.com.  The url keeps flashing and I cannot connect.