cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ignite tv & flex channels exchange

canajungirl
I plan to stick around

I'm an old dinosaur so bear with me. I am running Windows 7 on my desk top & for whatever reason cannot get my flex channels to come up on display in MY ROGERS inorder to exchange them. I did 2 weeks ago when I first got Ignite but since then all I get is a display with 0 for channels for Ignite TV & 0 channels for flex and a message saying a technical issue & try again. I called today for help but the answer was my browser being touchy as I'm running a Windows 7.  Any help would be appreciated and I really don't want to have to make a purchase to upgrade to Win 10/11 just to be able to exchange my Flex channels.

***Edited Labels***

35 REPLIES 35

Re: ignite tv & flex channels exchange

canajungirl
I plan to stick around

Oh no ! This problem isn't new as it has been going on for a while now, I wonder at what point we are "old" subscribers so that the "flex" channels can be accessed online by ourselves. You should get them to send you an email of the list of FLEX channels for the premier plan so that you can see what is included & what you can "flex" out. Might be a weekend snowed - in project.😃

RRF1
I plan to stick around

Day 5 - Ignite TV management functions still inaccessible.

One can only wonder how much revenue Rogers is losing because subscribers cannot access the tools to add channels, or have the patience to wait hours on hold for a support agent.

It's not like Rogers has to manage technical issues...that is all run by Comcast in the US. All Rogers has to do is manage the accounting side and a portion of the IP transport.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Comcast's platform allows BDUs and MSOs to package channels in a variety of ways, but I think the implementaion of the Flex Channel concept is unique to Rogers and any related bugs on MyRogers are Rogers' to fix.  And yes, when self-serve options break, it pus more load on (already over-burdened) support staff, increases Rogers support costs, and makes for a frustrating customer experience.

To put it nicely, the Flex Channel management code has always been somewhat fragile... and Rogers.com and MyRogers is also long-overdue for a major overhaul.

paddyowen1
I've been here awhile

It’s not your browser, it’s Rogers having technical issues.

RRF1
I plan to stick around
Yes...still offline after more than a week.
Funny how the billing details always work, but never the TV management.

canajungirl
I plan to stick around

Well I've been trying & trying & trying and .............. at different times of the day/night etc and then Saturday afternoon I got in and managed to change a channel YIPPY !!! I'm going to enjoy these channels for a while until I want to watch something else BUT hope they can get their glitch fixed.

canajungirl
I plan to stick around

Thank you, we know this but "they " don't seem to think so as a few of us here all have the same problem and it has been going on for a while now. How about you ? can you get in and are able to change your flex channels ??

paddyowen1
I've been here awhile
If you have an outstanding order of any type, your MyRoger will not react properly. I would double check this with an ignite rep at 18662993622. It’s not a quick fix, so one needs to be patient.

canajungirl
I plan to stick around

How might I have an outstanding order ? I have already received a bill with my Ignite services & have paid it so I'm not sure what you mean by outstanding order. I have also returned my digital boxes.

paddyowen1
I've been here awhile

Believe me you could still have something blocking your MyAccount section. Talk to a rep and ask if any outstanding orders. If not, then at least you’ve eliminated that block. However, Rogers is still having a lot of technical issues online.

RRF1
I plan to stick around

Believe me, I already spoke to 2 reps. Neither found anything wrong, but I still cannot manage my TV service.

I first got the standard opening empathy statement, which was pretty hilarious considering the rep was located in Calgary where there is no Rogers TV service. Then the  conclusion that there was nothing unusual with my account.

In the long run, I have saved money, since the channels I wanted to subscribe to, have either been added to the bundle or did not have the content I was expecting.

RRF1
I plan to stick around

My TV management function for Ignite finally was accessible a couple of days ago.

Only took 3 1/2 weeks to get access.

Now I am afraid to change anything, because if I do not like my selection, it may take 3 weeks to correct. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RRF1 wrote:  I am afraid to change anything, because if I do not like my selection, it may take 3 weeks to correct. 

If you're talking about exchanging your Flex Channels, you're only allowed to do that once a month after the first month is over.

RRF1
I plan to stick around
I am still within my first month !
Besides, you should still be able to access "TV Manager" to add Theme packs or individual channels, shouldn't you?
Now I also have to straighten out my billing, since I paid for both Digital cable and Ignite bundle in January., yet only had 5 days of Digital.

kuhnberg
I plan to stick around

Send a private message to @CommunityHelps and explain your issue.  They will take some basic information to verify your account and ask some questions.  Then they will open a ticket to resolve the issue.  This was suggested to me and I can now access my TV Management to exchange flex channels, etc.  It's been working consistently since Rogers called to say things were resolved and the ticket closed.  I don't think phone help is effective for this particular issue and it's a waste of your valuable time.  

Topic Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 22 Likes
  • 9 in conversation