cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constant unresolved outage problems with wifi and TV

RonMcD
I've been here awhile

I have been experiencing daily problems with wifi and TV outages in North London. My problem may have been compounded by an issue in my home which may have been resolved by the replacement of my cable from the street to my modem. This gave me a couple of days of uninterrupted service. After several days the issues came back and I was told it was in my area of North London. My neighbours and I have endured weeks or months of spotty service. I've had multiple visits by tech service and everything within and outside of my home has been replaced. 

I commend the work of the telephone support staff and I feel our local service contractor and the Rogers employees have been seriously trying to get the problem resolved. That leaves me with no one to blame but Rogers management. There is something seriously wrong when a problem can be unresolved after weeks of complaints by multiple people in the same area. There has been some improvement in the last 12 hours but not total. Should customers be happy to get less than 12 hours of uninterrupted service.

Is Ignite a flawed system??? 

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: constant unresolved outage problems with wifi and TV

RonMcD
I've been here awhile

I finally have some good news to convey. After far too many complaints over a very long time it appears Rogers may have fixed my problems. I have been having good service for several days. If you live in the affected areas in north London I hope you also are satisfied.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersTony

Hello, @RonMcD

Thank you for your post to the community.

I can imagine how frustrating it has been dealing with these ongoing issues in your area. We'd like to take a closer look at this for you by reviewing the technician notes on your file to determine what steps we should take to get this resolved for you. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your information and get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system. No worries click here.

RogersTony

RonMcD
I've been here awhile

I finally have some good news to convey. After far too many complaints over a very long time it appears Rogers may have fixed my problems. I have been having good service for several days. If you live in the affected areas in north London I hope you also are satisfied.

Sky71
I've been around
Your problem sounds very similar to mine. However, I’ve had no one come to my house to see what the problem is with my cable? I’ve had a service person come to change my ignite box, but that did nothing. I’ve called numerous times, spoke to technicians who said the problem would be resolved within 24 hours, but to no avail. I’m pretty well done with Rogers.

iponting
I'm here a lot

Our household is experiencing the same problems. Intermittent outages(afternoon and evenings). I am in Orleans, Ottawa. Typically the television freezes, and our computers and other devices disconnect from the network.   We get the message involving rebooting the device, cable box etc, which does not help.  This has been happening several times a day for the last several weeks and less frequently prior to this. We have had techs, chats, telcons with Rogers with no long term solution. During these lapses the ignite modem light is constant white.  The Rogers connect app using a cell connection shows all devices with a strong signal. Latest message from Rogers (7:23am today) states that the problem may be resolved as we were unable to pinpoint the cause,  Rogers case number C194886***. Anyone else in Ottawa specifically Sunridge in Orleans experiencing this problem? The most recent tech visit suggested that high area usage may be the cause..  

Good morning @iponting!

If the most recent tech is suggesting there may be high usage in the area, we should investigate that further to see if the tech has escalated this as an area issue. Congestion in the area would require some major work to resolve. 

I know this is a frustrating experience, so please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation