cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XiOne netflix issue

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Anyone else with the XiOne, having issues with netflix?
ALL other streaming apps work fine on the box, netflix will not load.
Brings up the logo, spins for a bit, then says cant connect.

Doing some of the netflix app tests, says its not connected to the internet.
Obviously the box is and works with everything else.

Have rebooted, etc all already.

*Added Labels*

4 REPLIES 4

Re: XiOne netflix issue

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Gdkitty It looks like Rogers updated the Netflix app at the same time that they pushed out the Apple TV+ app.

Netflix seems to work fine on my XiOne and Xi6-T set-top boxes.  However, it looks like the stored app data got reset on the XiOne -- when I launched the app, I got the initial sign-in screen and had to log into the app again.

Have you tried pressing "A" to go to the Help screen and then perform a "Reset Netflix"?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ITs been working fine on my other boxes.  
I have since tried doing the reset of netflix from pressing A, as well as when I get into that netflix diag menu a reset there (probably doing the same thing).

Same issue.

My next thought, would be a full factory rest on the whole box?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Gdkitty wrote:

ITs been working fine on my other boxes.  
I have since tried doing the reset of netflix from pressing A, as well as when I get into that netflix diag menu a reset there (probably doing the same thing).

Same issue.

That's weird.  "Reset Netflix" normally should clear stored Netflix data and get your STB back into a clean state.

Is it still the case that the Netflix app will not load at all?  If you can at least get to the Netflix Main Menu, there are a few more things that you can check/try under "Get Help"

Another thing that you can try is to go to "Settings > Privacy > Locally stored data" and then clear local storage.

My next thought, would be a full factory rest on the whole box?

It might, but it depends on what the problem is.  If it's just due to some data that is not being cleared, a simple factory reset should fix that.  If you have a problem with the on-board Flash storage, a factory reset may not be enough.

You can try looking at the diagnostics screens.  "<Long-press Exit> Down Down 2" typically only shows informational stuff but it's still worth checking.  "<Long-press Exit> Down Down 4" may show helpful errors on the "Install Summary" or the "Advanced Diags" screen.

There is a much more aggressive reset available that completely clears Flash storage on the box, but that is a VERY risky thing for an end-user to do.  You should only attempt that under the direction of Tech Support because if something goes wrong, you could end up rendering the box unbootable.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Okay, this is weird.  I just did some testing and found that, again, while the apps loaded fine, I got signed out of several apps on my XiOne STB.

On one of my Xi6-T STBs, the Prime Video and Disney+ apps would not load.  An error flashed for an instant, then I was back to the Apps screen.  After a few more tries, both apps finally loaded, although I found that I needed to sign back into Disney+.

Everything seemed to be fine on my other Xi6-T.

I'm not sure what to make of this.  A few years ago, the App problems that I just saw on my Xi6-T had started creeping into ALL of my Xi6-A set-top boxes; I got them all replaced and the problems went away.  However, while my Xi6-T's might be showing signs of old age, my XiOne is only a few months old.  Another (known) problem is that the Amazon Music app is temporarily unavailable.  It's gone from the Apps menu.  When I try to invoke it with Voice Commands, I get an APPS-04154 error.  It's still too early to tell whether my Xi6-T's are actually going sour.  However, my STB's also got updated again last night, and it sure looks like Rogers may be trying to sort out some issues with their Ignite STB software builds.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation