cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XiONE STB stays on

DAJ3
I plan to stick around

A minor issue to be sure, but one of my STBs turns off (light goes out) when I press the power button on the remote, while the other does not turn off. The TV does turn off, but the light on the STB stays on. Pressing the power button on the TV turns the TV back on and a channel is playing. This can't be correct.

I worry that this might be causing an issue with either the STB itself or with the connection to the modem.

Any advice on getting the STB to turn off properly would be appreciated.

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: XiONE STB stays on

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DAJ3  This is nothing to be worried about.  This may sound strange but the "Power" button on the Ignite voice remote does not actually perform a "Power On/Off" on the set-top box.  It only controls power to the TV... but if you have HDMI-CEC (HDMI Device Control) enabled on the set-top box AND on your TV, then the TV will send a "power off" (or "power on") command to the STB over HDMI to turn it off (or on) as well.

It was done this way to prevent the TV and STB power getting of of sync.  However, if you do not have HDMI-CEC enabled on both the TV and the STB, then only the TV will turn on and off when you press the Power button on the Ignite remote.  The set-top box will eventually go into standby mode after a few hours but the status LED may stay on.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: XiONE STB stays on

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DAJ3  This is nothing to be worried about.  This may sound strange but the "Power" button on the Ignite voice remote does not actually perform a "Power On/Off" on the set-top box.  It only controls power to the TV... but if you have HDMI-CEC (HDMI Device Control) enabled on the set-top box AND on your TV, then the TV will send a "power off" (or "power on") command to the STB over HDMI to turn it off (or on) as well.

It was done this way to prevent the TV and STB power getting of of sync.  However, if you do not have HDMI-CEC enabled on both the TV and the STB, then only the TV will turn on and off when you press the Power button on the Ignite remote.  The set-top box will eventually go into standby mode after a few hours but the status LED may stay on.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation