cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xi6A Upscaling

Grwebster
I plan to stick around

I just bought a nice 4K TV, and am trying to set it up in the best way.  It seems that to get 4K Rogers content that the box has to be set to 4K.  That seems to make the box upscale everything, and I strongly suspect my TV’s upscaling is better.  I remember going through something like this in the old HD days.  I would like to give the box 4K ability, but have it pass through whatever it gets.  Can I make that happen?

*Added Labels*

32 REPLIES 32

Re: Xi6A Upscaling

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, I was only thinking about the future.  Let's hope the booster does the trick.  

One other option would be to get a 25' cable, which might get you out of the ceiling? Then the booster, then as short a cable as possible to the FP, but you can always do that if the booster/short cable don't work.  You currently have something that works, albeit at 720P, so you can try things in stages if you like.

Keep us updated.

Bplayer
I'm a trusted contributor

Some "out of the box" thinking. Rather than spending money on new HDMI cables and a booster box, how about relocating and mounting the Xi6A on the ceiling near the projector. There should be power at that location, and the box can function with WiFi, so you do not need to run an ethernet cable. Mounting should be possible with a little creativity.

Dogs28
I plan to stick around
I thought of that but how would I get sound from the reciever ?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is an audio out port on the FP, however, I have no idea whether this would "passthrough" the incoming audio from the HDMI port. The operating manual doesn't seen to be very comprehensive:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0268/7015/3313/files/PERFORMANCE_V600_Detailed_User_Manual_V1.01_E...

Dogs28
I plan to stick around
I take it there is no way to split the signal and use.existing.hdmi.for.sound

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are powered HDMI splitters and there are devices to split HDMI into HDMI plus audio.  I think the last thing you need is another such device when your signal is not getting through properly in the first place?  Feel free to experiment if you want.

Dogs28
I plan to stick around
So got a booster and it still doesn't work. Apears gage of wire needs to be 24 and mine is 26. Guess I'm buying a new cable.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm not sure if 24 ga will be enough. As I mentioned earlier, I used 22 ga for 25'.  When I was on the Amazon website it said that the Bluerigger cable is guaranteed - so you may get a refund from them. I see they only support the US though...

Dogs28
I plan to stick around
So I cleaned off connection of original cable and now it shows 1080 bit only when I plug directly into cable box. When I go through reciever only 720. Have denon sh740h. It suppose to be able to handle 4k.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Instead of letting the IgniteTV box choose the outgoing video format, have you tried setting it to 1080P instead of auto?  Does it work then, or is the screen black or what?

It's possible that by going through the AVR and then to the FP that the distance seems "too far" for the IgniteTV box or some other issue.  Is it possible to connect the IgniteTV box to the AVR and then the AVR to your other TV via a short cable to see if there's an issue with the AVR forwarding a 1080P signal? Check the AVR's user setup menu to ensure you've not got something miss-set there?

Dogs28
I plan to stick around
I brought tv next to receiver and plugged it in through avr
. It shows 1080.

Dogs28
I plan to stick around
Sorry I was wrong. When I plug my 1080 tv in it shows 720 and is blank. Seems to be issue with receiver. I've tried standard and enhanced on setup but still only 720 p. Straight run from projector to box no issues I get 1080. Same distance from projector to receiver to box. Only 720 then. I assume there is no way to get sound from box to receiver through ethernet connection?
Topic Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 in conversation