cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xi6 box won't change to 4k/60 resolution when going thru AVR

reed935
I plan to stick around

Got Ignite TV 5 days ago, and am having problems having the box change resolution to 4k/60 when going thru new Denon avr-x2600h receiver.  It has no problem when connected directly to the Sony Z9F TV.  Specs on receiver shows support for it, but when I try to invoke it, the box loses video (although can hear the audio) and I have to revert back to 4k/30.  Tech support was here to try and resolve, and he swapped Xi6 box, but it did the same thing.  HDMI cable works fine when connected directly to TV, so not the cable.  On AVR,  HDMI Control is turned off, and have tried changing a number of HDMI and Output settings to no avail.  Anybody have any suggestions ??

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Xi6 box won't change to 4k/60 resolution when going thru AVR

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I wonder.. if its still the cable possibly?

As  you probably need a HDMI 2.0 capable cable properly for it.
The one from the box to the AVR is probably fine.. (shown by how it works directly connected)
How about the one from the AVR to the TV?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I wonder.. if its still the cable possibly?

As  you probably need a HDMI 2.0 capable cable properly for it.
The one from the box to the AVR is probably fine.. (shown by how it works directly connected)
How about the one from the AVR to the TV?

reed935
I plan to stick around

Hmmmm ... good question.  Have not checked it, but I bought all new cables a little less than a year ago.  Note that my Shield goes thru the AVR as well, and I have no problems getting Netflix in 4k/HDR, so I am thinking the cable is probably ok.  Will swap it out anyways just to see what happens ...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If the box' video output resolution is set to "auto", try 4K setting instead?  May need to temporarily connect to TV directly?  

reed935
I plan to stick around

Not sure what "box" you are referring to, and will assume the Xi6, which doesn't show an "auto" selection.  Displays 720p thru to 4k/60.  If you are referring to the AVR, I have upscaling turned off.  Will need to go back into the menu to see if there is an "auto" selection.

Anyways, despite being able to get Netflix 4k/HDR with old cable (maybe not 4k/60 ??) I swapped the HDMI cable from AVR to TV with a "premium" cable that Rogers had provided.  Lo and behold, I am now able to get 4k/60 thru the AVR.  Much appreciated for the help.  Feel kinda silly now ... 🙂

reed935
I plan to stick around

Also doesn't say much for Roger's tech support guy who came out to try and fix the problem !!!

Kayla111
I've been around

Which resolution you should set your cable or satellite box to depends on a few factors.

seanxushen
I plan to stick around

I have exactly same problem. I could not get 4K/60 HZ thru AVR. I have tried couple very expensive cables including the monster platinum cable (from Rogers box to AVR). Nothing helps. I have to go thru AVR as my AVR is connected to my 4K projector via a fibre HDMI cable. 

When I turned on the projector, AVR, and Rogers box, 4K 60HZ will work for about few minutes, and then the picture start flash and the projector start refuse to take the signal..

Switch to 4K/30 seems ok.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation