Xi6-T Stuck on Screensaver

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Xi6-T Stuck on Screensaver

Had Ignite installed a couple of weeks ago, and I'm generally very pleased with it.

Just a few minutes ago, one of our Xi6-T boxes (wired) was stuck on the screensaver, and nothing could get us out of it.    Only a reboot of the unit (disconnect of power) was able to resolve it.

Internet was fine, and our other 2 Xi6-T boxes (one wired, one Wi-Fi) both worked at the time.

Is this a rare occurance, or does it suggest an issue with that box?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted

Re: Xi6-T Stuck on Screensaver

Hi @robtoe,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the Ignite TV service so far! We haven't received any reports about the box getting stuck on the screensaver. 

It could just be a one off. Did you skip the daily update in the past day or so? Let us know if this issue reoccurs.

RogersZia

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'll post back should it reoccur. 

As far as the update, I wasn't aware of any, and wasn't prompted to allow/deny.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I had much the same problem. Also, when the tv was turned off for the night, then on again in the morning, nothing would happen., which resulted in us having to reboot the tv box (little flat black box). This happened time & time again. We not only had a problem with the living room box doing this, but also in our daughter's bedroom. Our bedroom tv was doing just fine. We put out a call for tech support, & the technician brought with him, some tv boxes just in case they needed to be replaced. The result was that he replaced the box for the livingroom tv along with the HDM1 cord. Correction for the problem with the bedroom tv was the replacement of the HDM1 cord. The tech went on to state that had the problem not been with the tv box or the HDM1, then the culprit would have been the tv's. 

Needless to say, we were glad to know that replacing the tv was not necessary;, but also we wouldn't have done so, but rather lived with rebooting. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Have the exact same problem. Need to unplug the box to get it to work. Have also posted the problem on this forum. The problem cannot be the TV as the screensaver comes form Rogers, the TV only displays what signals it gets. I have had issues (with sound cutting out and picture keeps on and picture freezing but sound continues) and when they are stumped, they also replaced my sett top box and cables but I still have problems.