cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XR15v2-RQ Ignite TV external device input issues

vulture
I plan to stick around

Hi everyone,

I am having difficulty to get my external devices to passthrough hdmi signal using the rogers box.

My setup is, rogers ignite box is directly connected to the only HDMI port I have on my screen and is able to stream TV channels OK.

My other devices (e.g. laptop with HDMI output, etc...) are connected directly to HDMI input of rogers ignite box as well.

I know that there is a TV Input button which I believe works with a CEC however my Ignite is connected to a monitor.

Is there any workaround to bind the input key to switch between tv stream or external device?

Same for the power or volume buttons as I believe those are also CEC functions.

TIA

Alp

*Edited Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: XR15v2-RQ Ignite TV external device input issues

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw wrote:

"My other devices (e.g. laptop with HDMI output, etc...) are connected directly to HDMI input of rogers ignite box as well."

What do you mean by this? There is no HDMI "input" on the rogers Xi6 boxes.

The TV Input button on the remote is to select the TV's inputs.

The Xi6 set-top box does have an HDMI input port; it is covered by a plastic label that says, "ONLY FOR INPUT DEVICES".  However, this port is not functional, and I have not been able to find any information on why Comcast ever incorporated it into their set-top boxes or what future use they might have planned for it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

"My other devices (e.g. laptop with HDMI output, etc...) are connected directly to HDMI input of rogers ignite box as well."

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw wrote:

The Xi6 set-top box does have an HDMI input port; it is covered by a plastic label that says, "ONLY FOR INPUT DEVICES".  However, this port is not functional, and I have not been able to find any information on why Comcast ever incorporated it into their set-top boxes or what future use they might have planned for it.

vulture
I plan to stick around
Thanks for clarifying. Its sad to hear this is just a dummy input port with no function but answers the question.
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation