cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XR15 remote power on/off options

nbsinc
I've been around

I've tried to search for a solution, however, I don't see any questions on this issue I am running into.

On my Nextbox remote, I had the option of powering the nextbox, tv and receiver separately.  This was super convenient as I may not want my receiver on if I'm listening through headphones or I just needed the TV and Receiver on if I'm watching my FireStick etc.  At a minimum on the older remote, you could see the power sequence and cover the remote if I did not want to power of/off certain devices.

On the XR15, I am now set up to power on all three devices, but I can't figure out how to power on/off specific devices (ie. IF the receiver did not turn on but the TV and IgniteTv box did - I cannot specifically use the remote to only send a power signal to the receiver).  The remote does not even provide the sequence visually that worked so well if there was no device power button.

This is driving my wife nuts and she hates the remote even though it is simple and has great features.  This is just one issue that we need to try and resolve, otherwise, I will 'forget' to return the old nextbox remote simply to use the power functionality to turn on individual devices.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: XR15 remote power on/off options

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@nbsinc : You cannot programme the IgniteTV remote to function (power up/down) individual devices like you could the NextBox remote. Please see the following post on the topic of programming the IgniteTV remote:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Problems-with-Ignite-Remote/m-p/456589#M5829

I don't believe the NextBox remote will control the IgniteTV box, although it would continue to work for your other IR devices and you'd still be stuck with at least 2 remotes if you want that "individual device" functionality.  I doubt that Rogers will care if you don't return the NextBox remote, as they usually throw them into a box when they are returned to a store...  The IgniteTV remote does have some features like voice control that the NextBox didn't have.

At this point I used to recommend a programmable remote like a Harmony, however, Logitech has stopped making them, although some may still be available and they are still supported (for now)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@nbsinc : You cannot programme the IgniteTV remote to function (power up/down) individual devices like you could the NextBox remote. Please see the following post on the topic of programming the IgniteTV remote:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Problems-with-Ignite-Remote/m-p/456589#M5829

I don't believe the NextBox remote will control the IgniteTV box, although it would continue to work for your other IR devices and you'd still be stuck with at least 2 remotes if you want that "individual device" functionality.  I doubt that Rogers will care if you don't return the NextBox remote, as they usually throw them into a box when they are returned to a store...  The IgniteTV remote does have some features like voice control that the NextBox didn't have.

At this point I used to recommend a programmable remote like a Harmony, however, Logitech has stopped making them, although some may still be available and they are still supported (for now)

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@57 wrote:

Re @nbsinc query:

The Logitech website still shows Harmony remotes???

https://www.logitech.com/en-ca/harmony-universal-remotes

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ColdGranite wrote:  The Logitech website still shows Harmony remotes???

1. It shows them, but you cannot buy them.  There are some available from some stores that had inventory or the web, at inflated prices

2. Here's the thread on the topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Harmony-Remotes-Will-No-Longer-be-Manufactured-by-Logitech/...

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation