XR15 Remote - Control TV Power & Receiver

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daedwards14
I've Been Here Awhile

XR15 Remote - Control TV Power & Receiver

Hello All,

I'm trying to configure my XR15 remote to Control the TV Power (ONLY) and adjust the VOLUME via my Sony AV Receiver.

My Setup:

LG TV 4K - connected directly to Ignite modem, my receiver doesn't support 4K passthrough, so I connect directly to the modem. Then, I have an OPTICAL OUT from TV back to receiver to feed audio into the Receiver. Works fine.

BUT I cant seem to have the XR15 remote control the power for all components and control the VOLUME via receiver. I can setup to control RECEIVER, but then I cant control the power for TV. When the TV power works, I can't control the volume.

When I try to pair to both devices, the auto setup hangs when looking for the second device setup....

Has anyone been able to configure 2 devices?

TIA

*Added Labels*

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: XR15 Remote - Control TV Power & Receiver

@daedwards14 : Have you tried using the appropriate codes for your devices from the setup instructions at the following website?

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr15/?product-provider=365

It should work by putting in the make/model of the TV and the make/model of the audio device.