cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XR15 Remote - Control TV Power & Receiver

daedwards14
I've been here awhile

Hello All,

I'm trying to configure my XR15 remote to Control the TV Power (ONLY) and adjust the VOLUME via my Sony AV Receiver.

My Setup:

LG TV 4K - connected directly to Ignite modem, my receiver doesn't support 4K passthrough, so I connect directly to the modem. Then, I have an OPTICAL OUT from TV back to receiver to feed audio into the Receiver. Works fine.

BUT I cant seem to have the XR15 remote control the power for all components and control the VOLUME via receiver. I can setup to control RECEIVER, but then I cant control the power for TV. When the TV power works, I can't control the volume.

When I try to pair to both devices, the auto setup hangs when looking for the second device setup....

Has anyone been able to configure 2 devices?

TIA

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: XR15 Remote - Control TV Power & Receiver

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MS3 : There is no way to programme this remote to control the volume on a variety of devices. You can only control the volume on one device.  There are no device buttons on the top of the remote, like there were with the legacy digital cable remote controls that allowed switching between device modes.

An option would be to perhaps get a programmable remote, like a Harmony, however, they are no longer being manufactured and they would only have IR control, so no RF control and therefore no voice control.  I suggest you use your AVR for the volume at all times. 

One other option may be to have two Ignite remotes. One set up one way and one set up the other?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@daedwards14 : Have you tried using the appropriate codes for your devices from the setup instructions at the following website?

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr15/?product-provider=365

It should work by putting in the make/model of the TV and the make/model of the audio device.

it_guy_nb
I'm here a lot

Actually, I am having an XR15 issue with this process:

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr15/?product-provider=365

My TV is Sharp-Roku, so I use the code 11756. That works perfectly for TV power on/off PLUS turning the Rogers Ignite box on/off.

Then, I add my Pioneer Receiver using code 31935. That works perfectly for Audio volume up/down and power on/off ----> BUT then the TV and the Rogers Ignite box stops working. 

If I renter the TV code, that works again and the Receiver stops working.

Is there no way to program a TV and an Audio device with the 5-digit codes?

It seems like the XR15 only stores 1 device code.

MS3
I plan to stick around

Hi it guy nb, 

Did you find a fix for your issue above? I am having the exact same problem as you. I want to be able to control my tv volume when watching tv, and still be able to control my amp with the same remote for when I watch movies.  ( I dont always use my receiver for sound)

Once I program the remote for tv, the volume control works, but when I proceed to the next step of remote setup where it asks me if I want to control my receiver, I say yes, go through the motions, and then the amp volume works....BUT then the TV volume no longer works. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MS3 : There is no way to programme this remote to control the volume on a variety of devices. You can only control the volume on one device.  There are no device buttons on the top of the remote, like there were with the legacy digital cable remote controls that allowed switching between device modes.

An option would be to perhaps get a programmable remote, like a Harmony, however, they are no longer being manufactured and they would only have IR control, so no RF control and therefore no voice control.  I suggest you use your AVR for the volume at all times. 

One other option may be to have two Ignite remotes. One set up one way and one set up the other?

MS3
I plan to stick around

Hi RE 57, 

Ok, thanks for confirming this. As nice as ignite is to use, there are also these small downfalls ie less remote functionality (among other things).  My AVR volume control is wonky and I have to press very hard to get it to work so I it would have been nice to have XR15 control the amp. Oh well. 

Have a good day!

it_guy_nb
I'm here a lot

I have not found a fix for this.

The closest I can get (using on-screen menu programming) is have Ignite remote control the volume on the Receiver and the TV menu guides.

But I still need to use 2 remotes for power.

I do have a Harmony remote, but in addition to losing Voice commands, it cannot control a Bluetooth device like the Ignite box anyway.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@it_guy_nb wrote:  I do have a Harmony remote, but in addition to losing Voice commands, it cannot control a Bluetooth device like the Ignite box anyway.

The IgniteTV  boxes are not bluetooth for control. They are IR and RF.  The Harmony remotes certainly can control them, as evidenced by a number of threads on that topic in this forum. The main problem can be the IR signals from the Harmony remote are not properly reaching the IgniteTV box which may need to be repositioned to properly receive the IR signals from the Harmony remote or Harmony Hub if applicable.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation