cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XB7 in New Brunswick?

pjrettin
I've been here awhile

Is the XB7 standard in NB for Internet/TV bundles?  I have multiple devices in 2 rooms and would need 4 Ethernet ports (along with my existing switch) to get everything connected... if I get a modem with only 2 ports, I'd need to buy an additional switch.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: XB7 in New Brunswick?

pjrettin
I've been here awhile

Thought I'd provide an update myself.  I switched to ignite and the CSR said they were pretty sure I'd receive an XB7 but wouldn't know until they were closer to the end of the provisioning process; but sure enough, an XB7 is what it showed I'd be getting and it is what I received.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pjrettin wrote:

Is the XB7 standard in NB for Internet/TV bundles?  I have multiple devices in 2 rooms and would need 4 Ethernet ports (along with my existing switch) to get everything connected... if I get a modem with only 2 ports, I'd need to buy an additional switch.

As far as I know, what you get depends on the service that you subscribe to and available supply.  The XB6 is still a perfectly good gateway for speeds up to 1Gb/s.  Here in Ontario, field techs can also provide you with a 5-port Gigabit Ethernet switch if you require additional ports.

The XB6 is the standard gateway for speeds up to 150Mb/s.  Higher speed tiers typically get the XB7 and I believe that next-gen FTTH customers (with EPON/GPON ONTs) will always get an XB7.

pjrettin
I've been here awhile

Thought I'd provide an update myself.  I switched to ignite and the CSR said they were pretty sure I'd receive an XB7 but wouldn't know until they were closer to the end of the provisioning process; but sure enough, an XB7 is what it showed I'd be getting and it is what I received.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation