XB6 Modem Settings/Requests/Firmware Discussion

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: XB6 Modem Settings/Requests/Firmware Discussion

Any updates on the latest firmware? I'm still on:

CGM4140COM_3.14p10s5_PROD_sey

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersGordon  ^^ Hi!  Any news?  In your last post, we were told that a firmware update was due any time now. Has a problem halted new firmware rollouts?

When updates do start flowing again, is there any chance that a changelog could get posted here as well?

Thanks!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I got another upgrade:

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:Prod_18.1_d31 & Prod_18.1
Software Image Name:CGM4140COM_4.0p12s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services:CGM4140COM
Packet Cable:2.0

Time is STILL off by an hour.  

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Strange-recurring-issue-with-Rogers-Technicolor-CGM41...

@RogersGordon wrote:

Hi All and thanks for your patience with this issue.

We had a fix in hand in 4.0p7s1 but a new issue was identified for devices in bridge mode so the code was rolled back.

We're now expecting this to be included in the BCM 18.3 SDK update and the current target version is in a 4.2 release. We don't have a release date yet but as soon as we do I'll share it here.

Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Good Morning All,

It looks like the fix for this issue has been pulled forward into 4.0p12s1. Most of the modems will have downloaded the firmware last night but may require a reboot to load the new build. We'll be validating the fix in the lab but would also appreciate any feedback from the community regarding the occurrence (or non-occurrence) of this issue on 4.0p12s1.

Thanks

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersGordon  Thanks very much!  I received the update to 4.0p12s1 this morning and my XB6 rebooted on its own to activate the new build.

FYI, this is a general thread that the Community uses to track XB6 firmware updates for both the Arris and Technicolor variants, as well as where we carry out general discussions and post feature requests.  Users following Strange recurring issue with Rogers Technicolor CGM4140COM (Ignite 1 gigabit) may or may not see your post here.

Thanks again for the update.  Any news/changes/updates that you can share here as time permits will be greatly appreciated by all!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I am on CGM4140COM_4.0p12s1_PROD_sey  as of today and the firmware seems to have fixed the speed issues.  The speedtests are consistently in the 900's in bridge mode and modem did reboot. So far everything is going ok.

Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

@Gagee1 Thanks for the feedback!

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Is this the latest version?

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:Prod_18.1_d31 & Prod_18.1
Software Image Name:CGM4140COM_4.0p12s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services:CGM4140COM
Packet Cable:2.0

Thanks

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Yes that is the latest firmware as far as I know.