XB6 - Hidden Networks

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Indubitably
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: XB6 - Hidden Networks

@-G-

Yea it would be great to do that except that they both require power and the router has to be connected to the XB6 by ethernet. So unless I want to just run a long ( I would need like 50-100ft and go downstairs from upstairs) ethernet cable for no reason there's nothing I can do. The router and xb6 effectively need to be in the same room and in my case same corner of the same room. Someone at Rogers should have thought of this.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Indubitably  There is no problem with your Wi-Fi router and the XB6 being in the same room.

In an earlier post, you also said, " I can't full transmit speeds on both my 5ghz channels now, one will drop down to pitiful levels due to the increased contention."  Could you clarify what you mean by that?  Which router do you have that has dual 5GHz Wi-Fi radios?

Indubitably
I Plan to Stick Around

@-G-
I mean that I can no longer connect at 866/866+ mbit speeds on both 5ghz bands as I could before. Tested many time I can do 300-500mbps on each band previously. Now one band gets full speeds and one barely crawls along (Connect at 167mbps or lower, speedtest like 15mbps often). Which band has the more bandwidth seems to change based on whats connected/loading it.

I do appreciate you responding again but I'm going to pass on the whole forum diagnosis bit. I myself work in IT and I am quite sure the proximity of the xb6 to my router is causing the problem. It's a tri-band router and in the exact same place I had it before i switched to XB6. I've performed quite a few differnt things and to me its' clearly contention. Maybe it's fine if they are on opposite sides of a room but for me they are forced to be on the same side of a not large bedroom.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Indubitably  Okay.  I thought that perhaps you had something like a Linksys WRT3200ACM running OpenWrt and were using trying to use the second 5GHz radio, which does not have a proper antenna and was only meant to be used for radar detection.

Indubitably
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey I'm just back to complain that not only is my wifi having significant trouble now, but blueooth is unusable in the same room as these routers now. Can anyone at rogers officially explain who thought forcing the modem to broadcast wifi signals in bridge mode when it's beside MY ACTUAL ROUTER trying to broadcast MY ACTUAL WIFI was a good idea??????? Noo, let's assume that customers using the modem in bridge mode will place the router across the house from the modem. Honestly this is awful  and I want my legacy gigabit back.