Wifi on Ignite STB

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Wifi on Ignite STB

When I had Ignite TV installed, the tech had problems connecting the box to wifi so since the Wifi modem was close it was just connected via Ethernet which worked fine. 

Now I want to wall mount my TV and connect the box using wifi but although there is a connection, the box will show a black screen after a few minutes watching a tv show or using the YouTube/Netflix app and then reboots. If I switch back to Ethernet it works fine.

Do I just have a defective box and can I swap it out a a Rogers store, or is there another possible issue that can be easily fixed. The stb is less than 10 ft from the Wifi modem.

Thanks

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Wifi on Ignite STB

My pleasure, and totally understandable. At this point having a technician visit may be the best available option for overall connectivity improvement. It's possible the box may need to be replaced if there's not wireless network issue. 

@RogersAndy

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Hey @JML7425!

Wanting to have the box connect wirelessly so that it meets the needs of your room makes complete sense and is totally reasonable! Though there's no way to exchange the stb at a Rogers Plus location if you reach out to technical support, or us here @CommunityHelps, at your convenience, the boxes connection can be reviewed, and then the appropriate steps can be taken to improve the wireless connectivity for you :).

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Have  tried several times to run the Ignite Box on WiFi but after a few minutes the picture just cuts out and box restarts or keeps trying to connect. All other devices work without issue with wifi so I doubt there is anyway to improve the wireless connectivity of the box. Haven’t had time to schedule a Rogers tech to come and replace the box, wish there was a way just to have one sent to me and return the defective box. Thanks for the response.

Highlighted

My pleasure, and totally understandable. At this point having a technician visit may be the best available option for overall connectivity improvement. It's possible the box may need to be replaced if there's not wireless network issue. 

@RogersAndy

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I had the same issue within an hour of having ignite installed on Thursday. Another tech came back out today and said if the internet box and tv box are within 6 feet of each other they should be wired together as the signal is too strong through wifi which in turn is causing the problem. I have never heard of wifi signal strength causing communication type issues until today. Not too sure how true this is but I have not had any issues since and the bedroom unit did not experience the same issue. To me if this service is suppose to work on wifi then they need to find a way to fix the close proximity issues.