cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the cable turn off and on and off an on ... occasionally

Lyphe416
I plan to stick around

Hello,

The scenario:  We will be watching a channel, when all of a sudden it turns off and then on and then off and then on again.  Sometimes a couple of times ... sometimes 5, 6+ times.  It's completely random and then seems to fix itself and go away until another day.  It probably happens about once every few days.

My initial thought was that maybe the wifi was being interfered with since we live in a condo.  So I hardwired the cable box to our rogers modem.  I've confirmed via the app, that the cable box is using ethernet and not wifi, so I know the hardwire is working as the cable box's primary connection.

That said, it did it again this morning.  So now, I know it's not the wifi.  But, I also don't know what is up now.  Anyone else experience this and know what is up?  I'd assume we need a new tv box, except that it's normally just fine.

Any help appreciated and cheers!  Phil

***Added Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Why does the cable turn off and on and off an on ... occasionally

reed935
I plan to stick around

I have similar problems where my internet seems to drop/recycle every day or two.  It is very annoying as all services drop for about 5 minutes ....

RogersCorey

Greetings and good morning @Lyphe416!

In this situation, I would not suspect the box to be faulty unless it's a faulty power source. If the box is losing and regaining power rapidly, the light on the front would be flickering. 

There may be an issue with the broadcast or your Internet connection and I would like to troubleshoot further.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Lyphe416
I plan to stick around

I'd be curious if anyone else has had this issue, and found a resolution.
The only thing I can think of is to swap the TV box ...

Now that we've done some troubleshooting and discovered you have your modem in bridge mode, please let us know when you've taken the modem out of bridge mode. Please only turn off the WiFi on your modem and place your third-party solution into Access Point/Bridged mode instead.

https://www.rogers.com/support/internet/turn-bridge-mode-on-or-off-for-your-ignite-wifi-gateway-mode...

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation