cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will there be an Apple TV App on Ignite TV Boxes?

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

Hello,

I see that there is Prime Video, and Netflix supported.  When will we be seeing an Apple TV app on the Ignite TV Boxes?  That is the one remaining app that I need so that I can remove the Roku or another third party streaming hardware device from the mix.

Thanks

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: When will there be an Apple TV App on Ignite TV Boxes?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Alex4161 wrote:

I see that there is Prime Video, and Netflix supported.  When will we be seeing an Apple TV app on the Ignite TV Boxes?  That is the one remaining app that I need so that I can remove the Roku or another third party streaming hardware device from the mix.

I posted a response to a similar question that was asked in another thread.  The short answer is, not until Apple develops and releases an Apple TV+ app for the Comcast X1 platform.  When they do, you will see the Comcast set-top boxes listed as a supported device on the Apple TV+ web site and the Apple TV app support page.  Until then, there is nothing that Rogers can do.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Alex4161 wrote:

I posted a response to a similar question that was asked in another thread.  The short answer is, not until Apple develops and releases an Apple TV+ app for the Comcast X1 platform.  When they do, you will see the Comcast set-top boxes listed as a supported device on the Apple TV+ web site and the Apple TV app support page.  Until then, there is nothing that Rogers can do.

Dorothyjmc
I've been here awhile

I have an Apple TV streaming box, not needing the app.....Is it not compatible with ignite?

The Apple TV+ app was just released down south on all Comcast Xfinity boxes. Hoping that's good news for us north of the border and it's also released here (by Rogers) in the near future as well.

The feature I'm looking forward too the most though is getting an Ignite TV app on the Amazon Fire Stick OR  Apple TV.  I switched from Bell Fibe and they had their Fibe App on all streaming platforms; you didn't need to rent any additional boxes, was a really nice feature! 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, looks like an Apple TV+ app for Ignite TV may be coming soon.  When you issue the "Apple TV+" voice command, you will now get an APPS-04154 error, which is confirmation that the app is being tested internally.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Check the Apps menu on your set-top box.  It's here!

Lester3
I've been here awhile

I have the app but when I try to open it freezes, any ideas?

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 in conversation