cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Rogers roll out the new XiOne STB

reed935
I plan to stick around

Looking to find out when Rogers might be rolling out the new XiOne boxes for existing customers.  I have a bunch of the Xi6's, but my main box would benefit greatly with the added support of Dolby Vision/Atmos.  I normally have to use a different streaming box for that, but would be better if everything was capable in the new box.  Also, since the XiOne supports Wifi 6, would an upgrade to the gateway also be supported (from XB6 to XB7/8) ??

*** Edited Labels ***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: When will Rogers roll out the new XiOne STB

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@reed935 wrote:

Looking to find out when Rogers might be rolling out the new XiOne boxes for existing customers.  I have a bunch of the Xi6's, but my main box would benefit greatly with the added support of Dolby Vision/Atmos.  I normally have to use a different streaming box for that, but would be better if everything was capable in the new box.  Also, since the XiOne supports Wifi 6, would an upgrade to the gateway also be supported (from XB6 to XB7/8) ??

I presume that Rogers will eventually start rolling out the XiOne as their standard Ignite TV set-top box.  However, we won't know for sure until they do.  Rogers never comments on any upcoming hardware changes.

From a networking perspective, a Wi-Fi 6-capable device should still work fine with any Ignite gateway.

As for Wi-Fi 6 support, as Rogers customers, we don't quite have it yet.  The XB7 supports Wi-Fi 6 but does not currently support WPA3.  Also, none of the Ignite Pods currently support Wi-Fi 6 either.

Presumably, Rogers will eventually start offering the XB8 gateway (with Wi-Fi 6E support) as well but I doubt that we will see it anytime soon.  Comcast has only just started a limited rollout and currently lists it as Coming Soon.

Re: When will Rogers roll out the new XiOne STB

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As you can see here, Rogers is now in the early stages of rolling out the XiOne set-top box to the general public.  For the past few weeks, a few of us in the Community have had the opportunity to test the box and we are now discussing out experiences in the following thread: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/New-Ignite-IPTV-box/td-p/492191

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation