What is up with internet service today.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

What is up with internet service today.

This morning there was no service for 3 hours and now down again for another hour and counting. I have ignite TV so no TV, no phone and no internet. Need a site to look up and report neighbouring disruptions and estimated down time.

***Added Labels***

Re: What is up with internet service today.

Hey @Busastrid

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

Being without your service for any amount of time is frustrating for sure. Where all your services are down, it sounds like there is an outage going on as you suspect. Have you contacted our Technical Support to report the issue and inquire if it is an outage?

Please send us a PM to @CommunityHelps and we can check on it for you. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find the instructions here.

RogersTim

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Busastrid wrote:

This morning there was no service for 3 hours and now down again for another hour and counting. I have ignite TV so no TV, no phone and no internet. Need a site to look up and report neighbouring disruptions and estimated down time.

***Added Labels***

Been there... I feel you...

Having Ignite for over 7 months, used to be like that 3 times a week....

Its better now but Rogers need to make sure its down to ZERO per month

I've Been Around

What a laugh.  Rogers does it again, no cable TV for the Stanley Cup game 7.  Now I don't really care much about hockey but I'll bet Rogers will feel the heat over this.  I'm sure glad I had Bell internet today.

Good evening @truenorth179,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thanks for your first post.

Any interruptions with your Cable TV service, hockey fan or not, is disappointing. Did you contact our Technical Support to see if there was an outage happen? If you're noticing interruptions or degraded picture quality, please ensure your coaxial cable from your wall outlet to your digital box is secure. 

Please keep us updated if you're still having trouble with your services.

RogersTim

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

These outages unless they more global (effecting all customers), it may be something more local.  Something local to the street, node, etc.

These sorts of things, are still on rogers to fix.  

But doesnt necessarily say anything on the state of the services as a whole.
These sorts of things can/could happen with any company if there are infrastructure issues, etc.

(when I got my first house, had bell satellite first.  Installed.  Always signal issues.  techs out repeatedly, still issues.  Their final answer?  Oh well i guess thats the best you can get.. but you still need to pay us)

I know the infrastructure near me has been upgrade recently, and have made sure my signal is really good. 
I have not had an outage yet this year on the internet.  I think maybe 3 all year last year?