Wemo and Ignite

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Wemo and Ignite

Having problems with Wemo working on Ignite TV. Please don't tell me they aren't compatible. I honestly regret getting Ignite. 

Highlighted

Re: Wemo and Ignite

Hey @Honkman!

Welcome to the community!

Smart plugs like Belkin's Wemo line can definitely make your home feel a whole lot smarter! That said perhaps less so though if it isn't working :(. 

Can you walk us through what it is you're experiencing and what steps you've taken? I don't have any experience working with Wemo products myself but perhaps some of our Resident Experts might be able to assist! @Gdkitty@Datalink.

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While i only have one Wemo device, I have not had any issues with it.

When I had ignite installed, even though my SSID was the same as prior, I did have to re-connect the wemo device to my Wi-Fi. Going though the full connection steps.
(Get in setup mode, connect to the device, set up the Wi-Fi there, etc)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have three Wemo plug switches which have worked flawlessly from the beginning.  I have recently installed a Wemo light switch which has been a nightmare. I have dealt with Wemo's second line support who eventually sent me out a new light switch thinking theirs was defective. The second light switch is responding just like the first one. The problem seems to be with the Wemo trying to reconnect with the Ignite modem - either it can't find the ignite SSID (even though it is being broadcast) or it asks me a number time to ensure the password is right. It almost like they are not talking the same language. Any help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.. the switches are the only thing I have set up on the ignite.. both at my home as well as my mother in laws.

Myself, didnt have an issue.  Followed the normal set up..  connect to the switch, then choose my wifi, enter in the pass, etc... it pushes that out to the switch.
I have rebooted my modem numerous times, so I has lost connection, and was able to re-connect just fine.