cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather Network - volume issues

jjjjy7
I Plan to Stick Around

Is anyone else having issues with the volume on the Weather Network?  The volume is so low, that even when I turn it all the way up, I can barely hear it.  It is happening on all my TVs.  All the other channels are fine.

*Added Labels*

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Weather Network - volume issues

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jjjjy7 wrote:

Is anyone else having issues with the volume on the Weather Network?  The volume is so low, that even when I turn it all the way up, I can barely hear it.  It is happening on all my TVs.  All the other channels are fine.

Volume on the Weather Network channel is normal for me.  However, that channel has (very) localized feeds so there may be an issue with equipment that only affects your service area.

jjjjy7
I Plan to Stick Around

@-G-   thanks.  It is fine when I watch it on my phone via the Ignite app, just really low volume on all the TVs. 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jjjjy7 wrote:

thanks.  It is fine when I watch it on my phone via the Ignite app, just really low volume on all the TVs. 

Did the volume issue just start happening or has this been going on for a while?

I just tried cycling the HDMI Audio settings through Stereo, Expert Mode and Auto and the volume levels were the same.  You might want to try that as well.  (Settings / Device Settings / Audio / HDMI Audio Output)

With the Mobile App, it may be using a different encoding (different resolution/bit rate) so there could still be a local issue affecting only your set-top boxes.  It's notable that it affects all of your set-top boxes.

If you send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps , they may be able to offer some additional troubleshooting tips and they can open a ticket to have this issue investigated.

yyz64
I Plan to Stick Around
I am in Cambridge Ont and can confirm last night volume was very low. Didnot recheck it tonight though

Biollw
I'm an Advisor

I agree, it is also very low for me.

Tektom
I've Been Around
Ours is even more irritating it fades in and out!
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation