cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was sent XR11 remote ... can I keep and use my XR15 instead?

Lyphe416
I plan to stick around

Hi,

I had to replace my set box and received an old XR11 remote instead of a XR15 remote.  I'd love to keep my XR15 remote to use with the new box, but I can't seem to get it to work beyond the mute function.

Does anyone know if I can program my XR15 to the new set box ( that came with a XR11 )?  And if yes, do you know the steps to pair the XR15 ( I tried some guides that showed pressing D+A, entering 991, channel up to turn off, then turning back on ... but this didn't work unfortunately ).

Ty in advance - Phil

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Was sent XR11 remote ... can I keep and use my XR15 instead?

Lyphe416
I plan to stick around

Figured it out ... 

There was actually an option for using the XR15 in the new ignite package.  Guess it pays to look into the entire box and read instrucitons.  In case anyone else needs the instructions:

- Press Rogers + Info until light turns green.
- Enter code

- Follow directions

- Done.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Lyphe416
I plan to stick around

Figured it out ... 

There was actually an option for using the XR15 in the new ignite package.  Guess it pays to look into the entire box and read instrucitons.  In case anyone else needs the instructions:

- Press Rogers + Info until light turns green.
- Enter code

- Follow directions

- Done.

Cheers!

SylvieSteven
I'm here a lot

I was also sent a replacement remote this week and they sent me the XR11.  I wouldn't go back to save my life.  No comparison between the two.  Hated the 15. I wasn't aware that the 11 was an older model but I love it!!!

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 in conversation