cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WNED (PBS) not available in Ignite TV?

jc277
I plan to stick around

In trying to select an Ignite Bundle, I looked at the channel lineups but couldn't find WNED or PBS, even on the most expensive package, even as a "Flex" channel. Is this true? Or, is it just an error in the website?

Rogers keeps hyping Ignite, wanting me to upgrade from my now-expensive legacy package. But it's hard to do that if I can't get reliable information about exactly what's on offer. My TV needs are few. The cycle of price increases, pick a new package for a little relief, more price increases, repeat is so annoying I might just drop cable TV altogether. I can get a lot of streaming for $75/month. CBC, CTV, Global, TVO are all available free by antenna.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: WNED (PBS) not available in Ignite TV?

RogersTony

Hello, @jc277

Thank you for posting your concern to the community. I know how important it is to be able to view your favourite channels.

Some of the channels in our core packages have changed but you can benefit from WNED and PBS along with several other popular US TV channels in the US Superstation Pack. It is a $3.00 + taxes a month theme pack add on.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RogersTony

Hello, @jc277

Thank you for posting your concern to the community. I know how important it is to be able to view your favourite channels.

Some of the channels in our core packages have changed but you can benefit from WNED and PBS along with several other popular US TV channels in the US Superstation Pack. It is a $3.00 + taxes a month theme pack add on.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

unacceptable, may be the last straw to change to Bell

disillusioned23
I plan to stick around

Same for us except the line up showed the US channels as part of the expensive bundle....only to find out they were not part after service installed. We had to pay extra to get them even though they were originally part of the bundle.

As soon as we figure out how to cancel we will move our business to another provider, good or bad it will not be with rogers with a small r.

disillusioned23
I plan to stick around

Completely agree.....

cado
I've been here awhile

I was planning to switch from Shaw to Rogers.  Not now!  People that still watch network television are typically going to want PBS!  This is a case of profit over the customer experience.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cado : Some people get way too emotional about this issue.  What you need to do is compare the overall cost of Shaw vs Rogers for the overall package - TV, Internet, Home Phone, etc.  The fact that Rogers charges $3 for the Prime Time pack should be immaterial to your overall calculations.

@cado wrote:

I was planning to switch from Shaw to Rogers.  Not now!  

PS.  Rogers is taking over Shaw, so you will be switching to Rogers or another provider if you like it or not. You may wish to stay with "the technology you already know".  Some people regret switching when they find out the grass is not greener.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 in conversation