Voice Control not functioning

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schmidtp
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Voice Control not functioning

The sound is on mt]y TV. Never paid attention to what is first, lops or sound LOL. Connected with optical cable. removed the optical and still the same.
It works fine for a few days after rebooting the box (by unplugging or by reset or even System Refresh) but always comes back.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@schmidtp wrote:
The sound is on mt]y TV. Never paid attention to what is first, lops or sound LOL. Connected with optical cable. removed the optical and still the same.

Here are a few comments. 

I don't know how you are using an optical cable since the IgniteTV boxes don't have an optical output and TVs don't have an Optical input, only output.

Set the IgniteTV box' audio to output "stereo" or "other" or something like that instead of Dolby Digital or Expert.  This usually fixes it.  Here's a post on Synch issues:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/audio-synch-problems-on-lost-nov-10th.17429/#post-131926

schmidtp
I Plan to Stick Around

You are right, the optical goes to my soundbar, which I do not use for watching TV. the soundbar is turned off.
I had the Audio set to Auto Detect (Dolby Digital Plus) . I set it to Stereo and will see what happens.
fgfgf
I Plan to Stick Around

The Ignite remotes seem very susceptible to RF interference on the 2.4GHz spectrum. I will preface these suggestions by saying the problem of erratic remote functionality still exists, especially with voice search, but it's somewhat usable now.

- Replaced the XR11 remote with XR15 with 2.2.2.4 firmware. Maybe if there's an even newer model/firmware, it will perform better.

- Forced other household devices onto 5GHz wifi channel.

- Reduced active Bluetooth devices in the area of the TV.

Ideally, this amount of fidgeting shouldn't have to be necessary.

senordd
I Plan to Stick Around

I just swapped my remote because I thought that something was wrong with the mic in it as it wasn’t picking up anything I was saying. After getting the new remote, it would work for a bit and then I’d have to sync it with the receiver again. I just discovered that the voice controls are only working when the remote is in the line of sight of the receiver and there was probably nothing wrong with my original remote.  This wasn’t the case when I first switched to ignite, I could have the remote pointed in any direction before. The buttons still work from anywhere, but the voice commands do not.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@senordd wrote:

I just discovered that the voice controls are only working when the remote is in the line of sight of the receiver and there was probably nothing wrong with my original remote.  This wasn’t the case when I first switched to ignite, I could have the remote pointed in any direction before. The buttons still work from anywhere, but the voice commands do not.

That should not be the case.  The Ignite remote communicates with the set-top box using radio waves; it should not be directional or require line-of-sight.  Where do you have your Ignite set-top box located?  Is it positioned inside a cabinet or in the vicinity of any equipment (or anything else) that could either be blocking or interfering with the signal in any way?

senordd
I Plan to Stick Around

I moved the receiver for a pair of RF headphones nearby and it looks like that fixed it.
Miss13
I've Been Around

Voice control stopped working for 1 TV but not the other. All other functions are fine. Batteries 99%. Remote 2 weeks old. Message says 'Something'a not quite right'. Have re-paired. No change. Suggestions?
RogersTony

Hello, @Miss13

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 

I know how convenient it is to use the voice controls on the remote. If you have swapped the remote recently and this issue is persistent it could be an issue with the Ignite TV box. Is the box hidden away or is it within line of sight of the remote? If it is hidden away can you see if the voice controls work when the box is within line of sight of the remote?

If it is still not working, please pair that remote to one of your other TV boxes to see if the voice controls work there. If it does then it is most likely the Ignite TV box.

Please let us know how things go after trying these troubleshooting steps.

RogersTony

Ronnie637
I've Been Here Awhile

Im having same problem. When i push the mic button  it listens but when i talk it doesnt seem to hear