Voice Commands on Ignite TV Remote not Working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Voice Commands on Ignite TV Remote not Working

Have been using Ignite TV for a few months. Since starting with it usually have to press buttons on remote several times to get any response. Voice option works about 5% of the time. Will press and hold down voice command button and it will just give me instructions such as “ say ‘Show me Tom Cruise movies” or “Hold down button and try again.”
Have gone through support a few times. They will reset box and this makes things work as expected for a few hours.
Does not seem to matter how close I am to box, have very high speed connection, no interference etc.

Anybody else having these issues. It is very frustrating. Typing in a search is almost impossible to put it mildly.

*** Edited Labels/Title ***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Voice Commands on Ignite TV Remote not Working

I had the same issue. Despite still having 50% left in the batteries in the remote, I changed them out for a better quality / new battery and since then never had the issue.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the advice. Switched out newish energizer batteries for new Duracell. Still same behaviour unfortunately.
Still, good to check it off the list.

Good afternoon @Jeffq!

I'm here to help, I just need to establish a couple of things first so I can determine the best path to a solution for you.

Do you know if you're using the XR11 or the XR15 remote? You say that we've reset the box for you but have we yet tried repairing the remote to your TV? 

If all of our troubleshooting fails, then we can arrange to swap the remote out if we haven't already done so.

Regards,

RogersCorey