cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video pausing

bwgreen
I've been here awhile

Hello,

I have had Ignite service for over 2 years without issue (other than ones affecting the entire community like the Rogers outage!) but recently have started experiencing something new.  I'll be watching TV - I've seen this on several different channels, without a common factor, and on more than one TV box - and the video pauses for a few seconds - but not the audio.  I did a full reset - didn't help.  

Ideas?  I'm trying to avoid support, as we are having renos in the house that'll get blamed - even though this has NOTHING to do with them.

Thanks,

Brian

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Video pausing

jjjjy7
I'm a reliable contributor

You can count me in as well. I have been experiencing exactly what you described. Only happens when watching live tv. 

DAJ3
I plan to stick around

Yeah, I've been noticing the same brief pauses in the picture. At first I thought it was an issue at the recording end, like a lose wire somewhere, as I first noticed it when watching live sports. But recently I've had  the pauses during regular programming of packaged series on Global, CBC, PBS, CTV Drama, etc.

The pauses happen even when I am the only one using anything in the house. No other TV watcher, no computers, no SONOS. I would hope that our internet connection would be able to handle a single user without having to wait for buffering or anything else.

A minor irritation, to be sure. But if it continues to get worse, I will be very unhappy.

bwgreen
I've been here awhile

Yeah - I've seen it at all times of the day, on all types of shows (missing something in Live Sports can be a real annoyance!) and when there is no other activity at home on the cable or wifi network (and no one else here!).

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation