After confirming that your router's settings are correct, please try the following steps:
- Ensure that bridge mode is enabled in your XB6 gateway
- Disconnect the ALL Ethernet cables from the XB6's LAN ports
- Unplug the power plug for your Netgear router
- Restart your XB6 by power-cycling it.
- After the XB6 comes back online and its status LED turns solid white, wait AT LEAST 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minute wait period has completed, connect the your Netgear router DIRECTLY to the XB6. DO NOT connect any other devices to the XB6.
- Power up your Netgear router.
- Reboot your computer
Please let us know if this worked.[/quote]
Is the hidden WIFI Network still an issue?
I have a TP Link AX 50 router currently with a legacy setup, rocket modem. Currently where I have my router placed is right beside the internet modem. I just found out today that the ignite service is totally different. One modem manages everything including tv, home phone. Just 1 coax cable needed. I also have another modem the dpx2213 VoIP modem. I take it the xb6 or whatever I am getting delivered tomorrow takes over that too, can I still run em both? Be a pain because would have to run a long phone cable to where the modem would be sitting in place of the rocket.
1. Your existing legacy digital equipment (cable tv boxes, internet modem, home phone modem) will be useless paperweights once you’re on Ignite. If you own your cable tv boxes, you don’t need to return them and
2. might actually be able to still access any recordings you have (if any of them are PVRs) but not 100% sure about that.
1. These (if owned) may be worth something if returned to Rogers. There was a time when Rogers provided a small one-time credit. Not sure if that still holds. There are lots for sale on Kijiji or similar, so you can see what they're worth - not much.
2. Rogers will deactivate any boxes as soon as you start with IgniteTV. You would need to disconnect the RF-coax from owned PVRs before deactivation and also not let them power down. As soon as they power down, they will not reboot again at your home. Watch any recordings before you switch to Ignite.