Using the Ignite TV Modem/Gateway in Bridge Mode

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Using the Ignite TV Modem/Gateway in Bridge Mode

[quote] @PVC  Did you set up IPv6 on your Netgear router as per the directions in this post?

After confirming that your router's settings are correct, please try the following steps:

- Ensure that bridge mode is enabled in your XB6 gateway

- Disconnect the ALL Ethernet cables from the XB6's LAN ports

- Unplug the power plug for your Netgear router

- Restart your XB6 by power-cycling it.

- After the XB6 comes back online and its status LED turns solid white, wait AT LEAST 10 minutes.

- After the 10 minute wait period has completed, connect the your Netgear router DIRECTLY to the XB6.  DO NOT connect any other devices to the XB6.

- Power up your Netgear router.

- Reboot your computer

Please let us know if this worked.[/quote]

@-G- 

Unfortunately...didn't work!

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Looks like Microsoft is acknowledging there might be problems with Outlook (and presumably Teams) when IPv6 is enabled, but they also say “when there are network connectivity issues on your IPv6 network.” That implies a problem with the Rogers network (IPv6 config and/or routing) or a problem with my Asus’ handling of IPv6 traffic...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/troubleshoot/connectivity/outlook-shows-disconnected-if-ipv...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So not sure what I did, but now my Linksys router IS getting an IPV6 address and so are all the devices in the home lol

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is the hidden WIFI Network still an issue? 

I have a TP Link AX 50 router currently with a legacy setup, rocket modem. Currently where I have my router placed is right beside the internet modem. I just found out today that the ignite service is totally different. One modem manages everything including tv, home phone. Just 1 coax cable needed. I also have another modem the dpx2213 VoIP modem. I take it the xb6 or whatever I am getting delivered tomorrow takes over that too, can I still run em both? Be a pain because would have to run a long phone cable to where the modem would be sitting in place of the rocket.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

You cannot use any legacy Rogers network equipment (e.g. your home phone modem/eMTA) with Ignite TV. As you’ve stated, the Ignite gateway (XB6) handles everything (TV, Internet, Home Phone). It’s one coax cable directly into the XB6 and that’s it. You can bridge the XB6 and use your own router (unsupported by Rogers), or leave the XB6 in gateway mode with its WiFi disabled and then use your own router in access point mode, or just use the XB6 on its own provided it supplies enough coverage (or add Rogers WiFi pods to extend WiFi signal). Your existing legacy digital equipment (cable tv boxes, internet modem, home phone modem) will be useless paperweights once you’re on Ignite. If you own your cable tv boxes, you don’t need to return them and might actually be able to still access any recordings you have (if any of them are PVRs) but not 100% sure about that. You would need to return the internet and home phone modems to Rogers once you’re migrated to Ignite and your legacy digital services have been terminated. If you don’t return that equipment, Rogers will charge you.

Edit: After reading your post again, sounds like you might have your own VoIP service with its own terminal? Is so, you should still be able to use it with Ignite as it would just be another IP client on the network. But since Ignite comes with home phone at no extra charge, why not just use it? If you can’t run a phone cable from the XB6 to wherever you need to, you can just plug your home phone (i.e. the telephone device itself) directly into the XB6. If you have cordless phones, plug the base into the XB6.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No it's not a separate voip service it's a voip modem provided by rogers.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@toolcubed wrote:
1. Your existing legacy digital equipment (cable tv boxes, internet modem, home phone modem) will be useless paperweights once you’re on Ignite. If you own your cable tv boxes, you don’t need to return them and

2. might actually be able to still access any recordings you have (if any of them are PVRs) but not 100% sure about that. 

1. These (if owned) may be worth something if returned to Rogers.   There was a time when Rogers provided a small one-time credit. Not sure if that still holds.  There are lots for sale on Kijiji or similar, so you can see what they're worth - not much.

2. Rogers will deactivate any boxes as soon as you start with IgniteTV.  You would need to disconnect the RF-coax from owned PVRs before deactivation and also not let them power down. As soon as they power down, they will not reboot again at your home.  Watch any recordings before you switch to Ignite.