cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Ignite TV Web Version with my Firestick on Windows 10

kojam
I plan to stick around

2 weeks into my experience, now the Watch button does not work on any browser on my Windows 10 machine.

Worked for the 1st few days but haven't been able to watch anything for last 3 days.  Really wish ignite worked with my firestick.  I had been using Bell's app with my firestick for a year and it was such a nice experience.  Was really hoping i could have continued to use my firestick with Rogers.  I didn't research it enough before I made the leap to Rogers.

I just did a clean install of Window10 after getting my Ignite.  

Any tips?

TIA

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Using Ignite TV Web Version with my Firestick on Windows 10

Hello, @kojam

Thanks so much for providing additional details of the issues you've been facing trying to access your Ignite TV service from these various devices.

To add some additional clarity, Ignite TV does not currently support FireOS and while it does support Android devices this only includes Android smartphones/tablets, not Android TV boxes.

Windows 10 is supported on Windows PCs but a Windows 10 tablet may not work properly unless it meets the hardware requirements for Windows PCs. You can see all of the Ignite TV compatibility requirements by clicking here.

I know these may not be the answers you were hoping to hear. 😞

RogersTony

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Using Ignite TV Web Version with my Firestick on Windows 10

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor

Turn off any add blockers for the Ignite page.  Any other browser extensions, especially security type ones, turn off.  Turn them all off and see if that works first, then turn them on until it stops so you know what one.  

It is odd that no browser works.  Are they all Chrome based (Chrome, Edge, Brave, Opera, Vivaldi?)  Firefox is a different rendering engine, try it if you did not.  

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That was one thing I was actually wondering lately..

With the switch AWAY from flash on the browser based ignite TV.. if it would now run on a browser on something like a fire stick?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kojam  How long ago did https://ignitetv.rogers.com stop working for you?  Was it at the end of December (when the site migrated away from Flash) or just recently?

In addition to @Don_Ca 's suggestions, please try clearing all history, cookies and site data in your browser, and also ensure that your browser is configured to play "Protected content" and that you accept third-party cookies.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Gdkitty wrote:

That was one thing I was actually wondering lately..

With the switch AWAY from flash on the browser based ignite TV.. if it would now run on a browser on something like a fire stick?

It depends on whether the device's DRM support is compatible.  I was able to get the Ignite TV web player working in a web browser on my iPhone but could not get it working on an Amazon Fire HD tablet.

kojam
I plan to stick around
Thanks. I tried Edge, Chrome, Opera, UR ...
It was working all until a few days ago. Thought it was the most clicker issue so got my air mouse and the same thing. Every other thing works but the Watch but.

Will try these suggestions tonight.

kojam
I plan to stick around
Was working on all these browsers. I first tried the firetruck but it wouldn't play. It just said "no channels available at the moment" so I thought maybe it was because things where still being activated in the rogers systems for me. Came back few hours later and realized it doesn't work with a FireOS. That's when I turned to the browser.

kojam
I plan to stick around
Thanks. Will try these. I've only been on Ignite TV for 2 weeks now.
Was with Bell Alt Tv for a year before. Now they want to talk to me about an offer. LOL.

Cheers

kojam
I plan to stick around
I don't think ROGERS sports FireOS. I could be wrong.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kojam  I just wanted to clarify what you are trying to do, what is working, and what is not working.

The subject line for this thread is: Using Ignite TV Web Version with my Firestick on Windows 10

Are you trying to access https://ignitetv.rogers.com/ from a Windows 10 computer and then use that to cast to a Firestick so that you can watch content on a TV?

Are you able to watch Ignite TV on your computer monitor?  I don't know whether or not casting is allowed.

kojam
I plan to stick around

Sorry. Been busy...

That was a typo.  Firestick OR Windows 10...

It says you need Android 7+, along with the right versions of various browsers.

I've tried to use the online with 2 or 3 Android 8.1 boxes. No go!  Detects that I'm accessing it from droid box, then directs me to download the app from the App Store.  Install, but cannot login.  Just keeps telling me that I need to install the app and the login attempts redirect me to the login page. I also have an Acer Windows 10 tablet.  Thought i'd have no problem using Ignite TV online, but same thing happens.

It's a bit frustrating.  Bell AltTV was effortless!  Plus, their skinny package, which is comparable to this package I have, was far better.  I don't really watch a lot of tv.  This ignite package barely offers much to watch.

BELL has sent me a code to talk to their reps for a special offer to go back.  I'm SERIOUSLY considering it. 

Hello, @kojam

Thanks so much for providing additional details of the issues you've been facing trying to access your Ignite TV service from these various devices.

To add some additional clarity, Ignite TV does not currently support FireOS and while it does support Android devices this only includes Android smartphones/tablets, not Android TV boxes.

Windows 10 is supported on Windows PCs but a Windows 10 tablet may not work properly unless it meets the hardware requirements for Windows PCs. You can see all of the Ignite TV compatibility requirements by clicking here.

I know these may not be the answers you were hoping to hear. 😞

RogersTony

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kojam FYI, Comcast announced Fire TV support for their Xfinity TV customers a few months ago.  They also have apps that run on Roku, various Smart TVs, and are also adding support for other partner devices.  No word yet on Apple TV.  Not sure when or if Rogers will follow suit but the technology does exist.

kojam
I plan to stick around
OK. Thanks. Wow!
Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 in conversation