cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Alexa with Ignite TV

bobp3008
I've been here awhile

I would like to use my Ignite TV with Alexa from Amazon. I do not see a skill in Alexa that would permit this. How do I link my Ignite TV with Alexa so that I can use the Alexa app as an Ignite Remote to control the On/Off function of my Samsung UN55MU8000 (Connected Thru Smart Things from Samsung) as well as changing channels, searching, volume, recording and playback etc. , 

A connection from the Ignite remote to Samsung's SmartThings app might even help.

I see some users have managed a Rube Goldberg setup with limited functionality.

What are the instructions to accomplish this correctly. 

If this functionality is not available please let me know so I can stop wasting my time trying to get this to work

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Using Alexa with Ignite TV

RogersRahul

Greetings @bobp3008,

You've come to the right place for assistance! We’re always working on adding new features for the Ignite TV service. However, Alexa isn’t supported at this time.     

If anyone else in the Community has suggestions, please feel free to chime in! 

Cheers!
RogersRahul

MMM20
I've been around

I had the same frustration trying to connect to my Alexa Echo (strangely Dot was ok). 

I got it to connect immediately by connecting to my WIFI repeater rather than to the Rogers directly.   

Kevin65
I've been around

Hopefully rogers will get with the times and allow ignite  to work with alexa. Even vmeda has an app I can use with firestick. I am not sure I  will stick with rogers as this is a deal breaker

Hi. I also have this question. 

I can add the following which may be helpful for someone and / or Rogers to implement this skill.

Rogers Ignite developed from Comcast Xfinity. There is a skill to control Xfinity through the Alexa skill. Someone and / or the Rogers programmers may be able to bridge of this to create an Ignite skill.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation